26. Milo's Stealth

pt 1

~Milo POV~

"And that's a wrap!" 

I snap my suspenders as the student director calls for the end of our first music video without Kai. With the camera's off, I double over my knees panting from the intense choreography from the song we just covered called 'Hey Ya' by outcast. A large hand cups my shoulder and I look up to see Thomas looking concerned.

"You alright there buddy?" He asks and I give him a thumbs up.

"Yeah, just...with the surgery...it's hard..." I pant and personal assistants surround me with fans and water bottles. I take a swig from one of the bottles and stand up straight. 

"You were doing really good today, I just wanted to compliment you on your improvement." He says with a large smile and ruffles my sweaty mop of light brown hair. 

"Thanks bro, what are you up to tonight?" I ask as we start walking out of our school where we were filming for the weekend. Thanking the production team on our way out for their hard work.

"Same old stuff, planning for our NYC comeback," he says with a small shrug and I punch him on the shoulder.

"Fuck man, you work too hard sometimes. Our comeback is like two months away," I try to get him to loosen up but he shakes his head.

"This is going to massive Milo and we have to be ready. Our fans are already forming conspiracy theories about what happened to Kai and your ex-girlfriend isn't helping things." He eyes me and I put my hands up.

"I can't control what Emily does, don't put that on me, Thomas. I know she's a bitch but she's just hurt is all. One day she'll get over it...I hope," I explain but Thomas doesn't look convinced.

"We can all cross our fingers but it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better," He says and pats me on the back before we part ways. 

I take a car back to the apartment to take a long shower before spending the night with Kai. It was Saturday which was the only day her parents allowed me to have her alone after a lot of trusts and random check ups. She was looking healthier each time I saw her beautiful face and I hope she'll get out of the hospital soon because I miss having her around. 

Kai, my beautiful yellow sunshine. 

How would I tell her it was me all along? 

As I wash the soap from my hair, I ponder all the different ways I could reveal my identity to her as well as all the different ways it could end.

For some reason, I came up with a 1% chance of this going well and a 99% chance of her thinking I'm some creep who wanted to get with her all along. 

I hop out of the shower and toss on a cozy white t-shirt and ripped skinny jeans, grabbing one of Kai's favorite gray hooded sweatshirts before walking out the door, knowing my baby might want to steal it to keep her fragile little body warm. 

Just when I'm about to leave, the all too familiar beeping starts to chime from my phone and I didn't have to look down to know what it was for. I step back into my room and into my closet, yanking out a small leather bag and plopping down on the bed with a loud sigh.

I aggressively swipe my thigh with the small alcohol prep pad before filling my needle with the prescribed testosterone and shooting it into my body. Covering the spot with a small yellow band-aid and I remember the present I had bought for her a day earlier. I reach into my sock drawer and pull out the little blue box from Tiffany's and sliding it into my pocket before resuming my exit from the building.