J U L Y 4

5:30 PM

Jimin collapsed onto his chair. The bags under his brown crescent eyes, the paleness of his skin and his chapped plump lips. Jungkook could tell by a single glance, that Park Jimin was burnt out.

Jimin gave a small wave to Jungkook, to call him over.

"An espresso, please," Jimin paused, "strongly brewed."

-*-*-

Jimin threw back his head as he downed the hot espresso. The explosion of flavor punched him in the throat. Giving him a mouthful of bold and rich flavor, whilst shocking him to the core.

If alcohol could be a coffee, this would be it.

Jimin stared down at the counter in front of him, mindlessly spinning the empty shot glass. His mind seemed occupied with thoughts.

"Do you like your job?" Jimin asked abruptly, without looking up.

Jungkook paused, caught off guard by Jimin's sudden curiosity.

"Of course," Jungkook dried a wet cup with a white towel, "my mother handed me the keys to this cafe, how could I not."

"You're a very lucky man," Jimin's deep brown eyes looked up to meet Jungkook's. Sorrow filling the void in Jimin's dark brown eyes.

"I wish I could say the same."

"Hard day at work?" Jungkook's voice softened.

"You could say that," Jimin eyes turning dark.

"No matter," Jimin abruptly concluded, "I just have to hold up until the weekend."

"Than I can finally find bliss in a bottle soju and vodka at a local bar."

Jungkook lips pressed to a harsh thin line before silently looking down. The soft sound of cars rushing by crept through the ajar window.

"You shouldn't drink."

"How can I not," Jimin looked up, "when that's the only break I can ever catch."

Jungkook clenched his jaw.

Silence hung in the air. Whilst, the soft orange sunlight spread across the cafe and the sun began to set.

Espresso

An espresso is made by, shooting boiling water under high pressure through finely ground up coffee beans and then pouring into a tiny cup

An espresso is served hot, although they cool quite quickly.

An espresso is thicker than regular coffee.

An espresso is bitter and rich.

Very strong.

An espresso is the purest coffee experience you can get.

It's surprisingly difficult to master.

A/N: I stayed 10 hours at Good Earth #2 today, and the woman there gave me a free brownie...