J U L Y 23

7:58 PM

Jimin twisted his cold metal ring around his finger. The air between the two seemed stiff. Jimin sighed as he mentally cusses himself out in his head.

"Stop that," Jungkook spoke as he counted the cash from the register. Jimin's head snapped up to Jungkook's familiar voice. The younger's rough fingertips grazed each slick bill as his lips softly mouthed each number.

25, 26, 27.

"Stop acting like it was a bad decision," Jungkook spoke so Jimin could only pick up on his warm words, "to tell me about your worries."

Jimin manically ran the rough patch of his pointer finger along the etching in his ring.

"I'm not good at comforting people, or giving advice," Jungkook admitted, "but I'll always be here to listen to you."

Jimin smiled tenderly as he looked at Jungkook's mouth softly moving as he tried to keep count of how many bills laid in hand.

Jimin revealed the rawest and most vulnerable part of him to the younger. It frightened him because it took only the tiniest gesture from Jungkook to absolutely shatter him.

Like Jungkook's hand was wrapped around Jimin's heart and just one squeeze was all it took to crush it.

"Thank you," Jimin whispered as he felt his heart begin to beat faster. Talking to Jungkook didn't lift Jimin's burden or fill the hole inside his chest. But it made him feel like he could finally confront himself because now, he wasn't alone anymore.

He had Jungkook by his side as he fought his demons.

And that made Park Jimin feel indestructible.