Ahkmenrah (Night At The Museum) 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

697 WORDS 1 PICTURE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imagine being a Medjay soldier from ancient Egypt and your mummified body being put on display at Museum of Natural History.

~~~

The sun had finally vanished passed the horizon and the once silent museum slowly came to life. After getting out of his sarcophagus and before Ahkmenrah could even remove his wrappings, he noticed his exhibit had been moved around a little, and there lay a suhet that sat parallel to his sarcophagus. He walked over and quickly read over the plaque curious as to who could be inside, and if they could be trusted. He smiled under his wrappings and moved to unlock the suhet, only hesitating for a moment when he noticed it hadn't moved, and he heard nothing from inside. Slowly removing the pins he held his breath, then gently pushed the lid to the side; but not all the way. Taking a small step back he watched as a hand wrapped in a similar linen as himself crept out and grasped the lid, then slowly the hand pushed the lid away. The new mummy sat up and slowly climbed out, and stood before Ahkmenrah with a curious cock of the head. Larry came jogging into the exhibit, freezing behind Ahkmenrah when he seen the second mummy. The newcomer grabbed their sickle sword from the suhet they were mummified with, then quickly stood between Ahkmenrah and Larry; taking a battle stance before the night guard. "Uh hello I'm Larry--" He stopped speaking when the mummy took a small set forward, ready to strike. Ahkmenrah placed his hand on their shoulder and spoke in Egyptian. Causing them to stand down, and Larry to relax. "So are they safe?" Larry asked looking to the young Pharaoh, who gave a small nod. "Okay then I'll leave you to it." Larry nodded Ahkmenrah's way then walked off, needing to check on everyone else. 

Placing the tip of their blade on the floor they knelt down before their Pharaoh, who smiled to himself placing a genital hand on their shoulder signaling for them to stand. Once they were standing again Ahkmenrah removed the wrappings around his head and gestured for the newcomer to do the same, his eyes widening when they removed them to reveal a beautiful young woman. Bowing her head she spoke in Egyptian telling him her code name (Anubis: one of the gods of the dead) and that she was at his service. 

After Ahkmenrah and "Anubis" were dressed properly he offered to give her a tour of the museum, to which she agreed with a small nod. Ahkmenrah wore his usual attire and she wore Anubis amor meant for a woman. Upon finding Larry who had been talking with Octavius and Jedediah, Ahkmenrah introduced the new member of their family. "Gentlemen this is Anubis a Medjay warrior from ancient Egypt." Larry looked confused pointing to the woman. "I thought Anubis was an Egyptian god?" He questioned making Octavius and Jedediah wonder as well, before Ahkmenrah could speak a rather angelic voice spoke; after she had removed her mask. "It is not my birth name, but my name among the warriors of the shadows." Smiling to a shocked looking Ahkmenrah she spoke again. "I'm not full blooded Egyptian, my mother was Roman and she taught me English at a young age." After a few moments Ahkmenrah turned to her. "Warriors of the shadows?" He asked confused. "Yes the Medjay had to evolve but the world couldn't know, so we changed the name and our goals. The world would either think we were Medjay or they would think the Medjay died off." Larry signaled to Octavius and Jedediah to leave then quietly walked away himself, knowing the two mummy's needed to talk alone. "What is your birth name?" Ahkmenrah asked after a few long minutes, making the warrior smile. "My birth name is (Y/n)." Ahkmenrah smiled. "That is a beautiful name."

Two short years later Ahkmenrah and (Y/n) were courting, grateful for having found one another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An abrupt end but whatever.