Breakups Suck (VinVan)

(Requested by no one, I had this small idea last night and decided to write it out.

Hey look, an EMH AU where no one's dead and HABIT isn't around. Rare.
Also don't ask me why Vinny and Evan live together here. It's for the sake of the plot.)

    Evan ran a hand through his slightly messy hair with a loud, exhausted sigh. He had stayed in his bedroom all day, not wanting to leave. He just decided to be a depressed ball of sadness ever since the afternoon hit, due to his long time girlfriend, Stephanie, breaking up with him. She had told him that she didn't feel a spark with him anymore and he didn't compliment her personality well enough, just like Jessie had told him two years ago when she broke up with him. He hadn't told Vinny, his best friend and roommate, or anyone. He just pushed himself away from society, and this was worrying Vinny.
He knew Evan usually didn't do this. Hell, he's never seen the guy do this since he was a depressed teenager for no apparent reason, being depressed for the sake of being depressed. That didn't worry Vinny too much, but the male could somehow tell something was up now. He had tried multiple times to knock at Evan's door or call his name through the hallway, asking if he needed anything. Any attempt he tried had ended in failure, since Evan had never responded to his worried calls. He wasn't even picking his phone up, Jeff had told him about an hour or so ago. That was really worrying Vinny, and he was about to try his tactic again.

   Vinny got up from the couch where he sat, putting his phone down near the pillow and looking towards the hallway. He sighed, walking down the small house hallway to his best friend's room, his footsteps quiet until he reached the door. He sighed, shaking his head, and knocked loudly on the door.
"Hey, Evan, open up."
No response came. Vinny sighed and knocked again, even louder this time.
"EVAN JENNINGS, OPEN THE D-"
"ITS OPEN ALREADY." Came Evan's voice as a reply. Vinny rolled his eyes softly, though even he couldn't tell if it was at Evan or himself. He grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door open, poking his head into the dark, almost musty, room. He blinked a few times for his eyes to adjust enough to see a ball of blankets on the bed, which Vinny guessed was Evan. He raised a brow at that, walking over to the bed and leaving the door a bit open to let at least some light into the bedroom.
He slowly sat down on the mattress next to the ball of blankets, reaching one hand out to gently poke it. Indeed, it was Evan, who groaned at the poke and shifted so that his face poked out of the blankets. Vinny forced back a snicker at how ridiculous the usually hyper man looked all curled up like a caterpillar in a cocoon, due to his friend's expression. The most he could describe it as was the fact that it was on the 'man who thought he'd lost all hope loses additional bit of hope he didn't even know he still had' depression side of the scale. Vinny blinked a few more times, both to let his eyes adjust to the poor lighting more and to wipe away the shock from his expression. Evan shifted again, looking down at the darkened floor.

"What's wrong?" Vinny asked, not liking the awkward silence that was creeping in between the two. Evan sighed softly, barely audible, and didn't look at Vinny as he spoke.
"She left me." He muttered softly, yet the male besides him could hear crystal clear. He flinched softly, knowing exactly who he was talking about and what Evan must be going through. He had been dumped countless times but both women and men, so he had felt Evan's pain too many times to count. Vinny reaches over a bit and patted his friend's back, causing Evan to fall over to rest his head on Vinny's shoulder. Vinny kept his arm around the smaller male and let out a sigh.
"Sorry, dude..." he muttered, yet Evan didn't reply. He thought for a moment as to what to say to the other to try and make him feel better. ".... but.... if she broke up with you, she doesn't deserve you."
"Nah, I'm just bad at love, Vin..." Evan muttered, move moving from his spot on Vinny's shoulder. Vinny looked down at him.
"No, I'm right. She doesn't deserve you if she's gonna break up with you."
"You said the same thing with Jessie." Evan shook his head a bit.
"Because I was right then and I'm right now. They aren't meant for you."
"You know I don't believe in that soulmate bull crap that you like."
"I know you don't. But it's worth a shot saying it. Maybe it'll help you get over her a bit more easier." Vinny sighed, leaning his head against Evan's and closing his eyes. Evan blinked into the darkness in slight confusion. "I just don't seeing you like this... don't think I can't see the dried tear trails." He muttered a bit more softly this time. Evan shifted, but not too much due to not wanting to bother Vinny too much.
"Yeah.... I know, dude, you're always observant about everything little fucking thing..." Evan trailed his sentence off and let out a soft, almost broken chuckle. "I know that very well. Makes you better than others at comforting people..."
"Mhm. And I'm trying to comfort you right now." Vinny smiled softly, pulling his head up right and looking at the other out of the corners of his eyes. Evan looked back, the corners of his lips seeming to twitch, like he wanted to smile and couldn't bring himself to do it. Vinny patted his shoulder again gently.

"You'll make it through this. Like I said, Steph doesn't deserve you. You deserve someone so much better than her. Someone who's always there for you and who you won't be scared of breaking your heart a third time." Vinny hummed. "Want me to leave you alone?"
"Nah... you can stay here..." Evan moved a bit closure to Vinny, not wanting to admit outright that he needed the other here for a shoulder to lean on.
"You sure?"
Evan nodded. "Don't leave me.." He muttered softly. Vinny smiled a bit more at that and leaned his head against Evan's like he had it before.
"If you say so, buddy."
Evan couldn't help but smile. Maybe Vinny was right.