Akuma At The Carnival Part One

The shrill laughter of children echoed through the park. The rising moon illuminated parts of the park that weren't crammed with the participants of the carnival.

Against a tree hidden by the shadows stood a tall, mysterious figure. He watched as his child ran about with his friends. The child's hand was intertwined with a girl's, a threat's. They ran from booth to booth, both relishing in the fact that the boy was actually attending something like this. A shocking fact though, was that no one's focus was on the boy, but they ignored him, like any other average teen on a date in a carnival.

The girl tugged him towards the Ferris wheel, grabbing another couple as well. The girls locked arms as the boys stood to their sides.

"Mr. Agreste."

Gabriel jerked around, his eyes landing on his assistant. He huffed out a breath of annoyance and headed to the car. He glanced back one last time, but he was unable to locate his son, Adrien. He slipped into the car after Natalie and waved for his chauffeur to go.

***

Marinette stood impatiently in line, staring wide-eyed at the Ferris wheel in front of her. She grinned up at Adrien, who returned the gesture. She glanced at the couple behind her, Alya and Nino, and winked at her best friend. Alya rolled her eyes and nudged Marinette forward. The bluenette giggled, nearly tripping from the contact. Adrien caught her and set her back upright, mentioning how clumsy she always is with a laugh.

The worker motioned for them to get on the next capsule. Adrien and Marinette followed his instructions and made their way over to the blue car. As they got in they sat next to each other and the door slammed closed behind them. They were lifted higher, slowing to let other out of and into other capsules. Adrien and Marinette began to talk quietly. Marinette was peacefully resting her head against Adrien's chest.

The pod suddenly jerked to a stop. At first, the couple thought it was to let others off and on. They were at the very top of the wheel, but it stayed still for a full minute. Marinette got up, the pod swaying with her motions, and glanced out the window. She scanned the park, starting with the operator. He was frantically trying to get the ride moving again but to no avail.

"Akuma."

Marinette turned and looked at Adrien. His eyes were trained out the window on the opposite side of the pod. She slipped up behind him and looked out. Sure enough, an Akuma stood on the lampost not too far from the wheel.

"Well, fun date night. Want to finish it later, My Lady?" Marinette laughed at his comment as they transformed.

Using his baton, Chat broke the window and launched himself on top of the pod. He held out his hand to pull Ladybug out.

The two jumped over to the Akuma, sending an alert to Queen Bee, just in case she wasn't at the carnival.

***************************************************************************************

Sup Dudebros!

Sad news! I will most likely be unable to update in the next two weeks. Sorry! I don't have a laptop to use when on the go! 

Hope you liked this chapter!

~Sari