Wrong

In all the years Natalie had worked for Gabriel, she had never seen him this distraught. T may be because the anniversary of Emilie's death was coming up, or his son's birthday was approaching. Or maybe it was the fact that something held him back. As much as he wanted to defeat Ladybug and discourage her through her friends in family, Adrien loved her and would be hurt as well.

She was a good kid, that Marinette, a solid designer, very honest, very genuine. The guardian was right in choosing her for this generation's Ladybug. Gabriel and Natalie, and Emilie would probably agree, if they could ask her, knew that Marinette was perfect for Adrien.

But what about Chat Noir? The citizens of Paris shipped Ladynoir like there was no tomorrow. However, Ladybug's heart belonged to Adrien. Does Chat know this?

A soft smile grew on Natalie's face as the sound of laughter echoed through the house. It was a very foreign noise, lost when Emilie was. Although Gabriel was a cold, stoic man, and he would never admit it, he was most likely enjoying the cheerful noise as well.

Marinette was to thank for this. Even after Adrien made friends, the mansion was still cold and hollow. But, according to Adrien, Marinette insisted she come over, and it's been practically part of the couple's routine ever since.

***

Gabriel saw Marinette as an enemy when he discovered she was the notorious heroine, Ladybug, but it was becoming harder and harder to make up reasons why. He began to see her how others did, a compassionate and consistent icon, even though she was stopping him from bringing back his wife. She was protecting Paris from him, maybe that was good. What would Emilie think of him using citizens to get her back? 

Gabriel chuckled. 

She would wack him on the head and tell him just to ask the heroes for help. Ask them for help... He could, but would they have any sympathy for him after all he had done?

***************************************************************************************

Sup Dudebros!

So, yes, I know it's short, and the next one will be too, but I wanted to keep the chapters on certain themes or characters, keep the chapter neat. I don't really know how to explain it. 

Anyways, Enjoy!

~Sari