CHAPTER 6: Hiccup?

...

Hiccup's breathing was quick and shallow, as he stared into the Chief's eyes, then back at Toothless, who just grumbled, looking concerned.

The boy pressed his back up against the cool stone wall behind him, sticking his arm out in front of him, as he felt fear of what these people were capable of.
"Look, I-I-I don't want any trouble, just please let me and my dragon go. We're not a threat!"
Yet.

But the chief only gazed blankly into his eyes, making him feel deeply uncomfortable. It felt as though Ansgar were glaring into his very soul.
The viking's sword slipped away from his grasp, letting it fall with a loud clang, before he started slowly walking up to the boy.
Hiccup's eyes widened, and he began panicking, looking around for a chance to escape-anywhere, but he was trapped.
"Please, just...just stay back! Stay away from me!" He shouted.
But the chief didn't seem to hear, as he still stocked closer, his eyes glued to his.
"Stoick!" Gobber whispered harshly, noticing the boy's panicked state.
"Toothless!?" Hiccup shouted, but the night fury only crooned.
"I swear, we aren't your enemy!" He said, without realizing his voice rising, and before he knew it, he and the chief were now a few inches from each other.

Stoick stared into the boy's panicked forest green eyes, which was darting in every direction, avoiding his own.
He stopped walking, and he just stared for a moment, hearing the boy's heavy breathing, before he examined the boys face fully.
This man looked exactly like his son!
Yet he looked so grown up...
Stoick now felt guilty, that he wasn't there for his son...
His lost son...
The chief raised a heavy arm, and placed it on the boy's face, making him flinch.

Hiccup jumped as he felt the village chief place his large hand on his cheek, his breathing hitched.
They stared blankly at each other for a second, before the man opened his mouth to speak.
"Hiccup?" He whispered, sounding hopeful.
Hiccup's brows forward in confusion at first, not recognizing the name, but then he froze.
That's his name...
How does this Viking know his name!?
He hasn't used that name in years!
"Uh...my name's not... Hiccup." Hiccup whispered.
Th chief frowned slightly, as he took a step back to give him space.
"My name is, Fury." He said.

Stock stared dumbfounded for a second, before his eyes lit up.
"That's your name! Hiccup Fury?" He didn't understand what the boy was getting at, or why he seemed so afraid.
And he didn't know why he acted... strange.
Hiccup gulped.
Now he's done for.
Might as well, "Y-Yes, sir."

At this, the chief smiled, and beamed, making the boy more confused and tense.
"W-why do you wanna know? And can I have my dragon back, please?"
The Vikings, startled, backed away from the night fury, letting him through.
He pranced over, but paused and glanced up at the red beared viking.
"Go on, Toothless." He nodded.
Hiccup swallowed, hearing the man say his dragons name...

"C'mere bud- and his name is not.... Toothless. Its Night." He mummered, stroking his Best friend's head.
Stoick narrowed his eyes.
He knew this boy was lying.
But though he must say, that is clever. Night and Fury.
But he shook his head.
"Hiccup, don't you remember me...?" Stoick asked, as Gobber slowly made his way over towards them, his face full of concern.
The boy only shook his head slowly, his eyes still full of curiosity and fear..
"Hiccup, it's me! It's...it's your father. Don't you remember?"

Hiccup was speachless.
No this couldn't be his father!
He can't be the son of a chief, that's impossible...
But it could work...
Could it be true? This man...these people- this island...did really look familiar.
And for some reason....
It felt like...
Home.
Toothless watched as his rider clenched his fist in fear, and confusion, and he crooned, nudging his hand in confort. The boy glanced down, and smiled slightly, before looked back up at his so called father...
"... You're not my son..."

"No...no I don't."