CHAPTER 10: The Queen

Ansgar quickly paced around the room of his small office his two guards standing guard at the door, waiting for orders.
The man mummered furiously to himself, as he glared at the wooden surface of the floor.

It's been one day since Fury had been gone.
They should've been back by now! The mission was simple! Scout a few islands for anything suspicious, report back! But no...no this boy just had to fail!
He's pathetic.
This was the fifth time he's failed, and now it was time for more discipline, and punish!

Ansgar ran a hand down his scarred face, and rubbed his small black beared for a second, before slowing down to stand in front of his desk.
Anger bursted through his veins, before he sharply turned to his wooden desk, and out of rage flipped it over before whipping around to face his guards, who tensed.

"Fury, has escaped with his dragon." He said, marching past them out of the room.
"Ready some ships! We're going to hunt them down." Ansgar growled, as his guards followed close behind...

********

Hiccup mounted Toothless, as the rest of the dragons got ready to fly.
The boy and the Night Fury had asked if they could take them to the Queen's nest, and though it took some persuasion, they all agreed.
It was a good thing dragons understood norse, or else things would be complicated.

"Hiccup,"
The boy turned to face his father who was standing a few feet away, a Stern look on his face, which Hiccup returned.
"Dad," Hiccup answered back, "Look...if something...goes wrong-....please promise me you and Berk will find a different island to live  somewhere else. Safe, from this...monster. And I'm not just talking about the dragon mind controller, but from Ansgar too. Because he will find out I was here. And he'll kill all of you. And though I don't.... remember anything from here...I just want...our people, safe. Please chief."

Stoick could only stare up at his boy in disbelief.
What did he mean by 'if anything goes wrong'??
But before he could reply, the Night Fury uncurled his wings, and shot up from the ground and into the air, the four dragons following.
The large viking jogged in their direction, under the night fury's shadow until he stopped at the edge of the cliff, as his son flew towards Helheim's gate.
"Just promise me it won't go wrong, son. May the gods be with you,and Toothless..."

******

Hiccup's eyes were locked ahead, his determined green eyes searching around as he was hunched over on the saddle, his gloved hands gripping the saddle.
Once they find the dragon's controller, they'll report back to the chief- er...his father.

It was still a bit hard to believe that, that man was his father.
They didn't seem to be much alike at all, or share the same genes.
They both looked completely opposite of each other.
While Stoick was large and strong, Hiccup was small and...only head strong.
While his father had red hair, he had auburn brown hair.
While his father looked like a fitting chief, Hiccup was far from it..
Stoick was a leader.
And Hiccup was only just a slave.
A spy for his master.
And gods be with Berk if Hiccup dies when he tries to spy on the dragon's nest.

After a few more minutes, the man felt his dragon tense, and he grew worried.
"Toothless?" He mummered, but the night fury didn't seem to pay any attention.
Hiccup glanced around, and gasped as he noticed their herd had slit eyes.
Suddenly, a Monsterous nightmare came out of nowhere, and began flying along side them.
On their right side, a few more dragons joined, and the more until Hiccup finally realized that they were in the middle of a crowd of dragons, flying in the same direction as they were.
The rider slowly hunched lower on the saddle, sliding his hood over his head to blend in with Toothless.
Good thing he didn't forget his cloak.

Fog suddenly become their surroundings, and a drop seemed to be up ahead.
Hiccup lowered himself to be inches away from his dragon's ear,
"Toothless, let's get in a different way, I don't think this is a good idea!"
But Toothless growled low back, sending him a warning to stay silent.
This reminded the dragon of the first time he had taken Hiccup and his friend to see the queen...and it wasn't pretty.
They had to be more careful this time.
And he hopped that this would also help him remember something new.

Suddenly the night fury dived, along with the other dragons, causing his rider to grip the saddles handle harder as they dive-bombed.
A volcano- like mountain came into view, a hell like red glow shinning from inside of it.
"Oh my gods..." Hiccup mummered to himself, his eyes widening slightly.
Toothless rumbled low as they flew into the volcano, a red glow as their only light.
The night fury quickly took cover behind a wall, as they both watched dragons drop their kill down an endless pit in the middle of the room.
Toothless's eyes scanned the massive hole quickly, searching for the monster.

"Well that's satisfying to know that all of Berk's food is being dumped down a hole..." Hiccup frowned, as he watched dozens of dragons drop bodies and quickly take cover on ledges or small caves.
He frowned.
Well they all seemed clearly terrified.
But of what?
What is it that they are afraid of?
What was down in this hole?
Where was this monster?

The last dragon of the raid, a green Gronkle, spat out a small fish, and scratched it's ears in pleasure, before he began making his way back to safety- only to suddenly have a large head rise up to him, and it's massive jaws clamped it's mouth shut, the Gronkle inside.

Hiccup's breathing hitched, as his eyes widened in terror as he stared at the island sized head, which was grey with red markings.
It had six bloodshot eyes on both sides of it's head.
W-what...is that..?
He felt Toothless step back deeper behind the wall, few rising in him.
"Toothless, we need to go-now!" He whispered.
Suddenly, the monster began to sniff the air, it's head turning slightly in their direction.
"Now!"
Toothless sprang out from their hiding spot, just as the monster chomped sharply at the wall, only tasting rocks.
All dragons were alarmed, and began flying upwards out of the nest, Hiccup and Toothless both being pushed out of the way by terrified dragons.
The night fury was just about to get snatched out of the air by the queen, but instead, a Zippleback shoved them out of the way, and we're instantly eaten by the monster.
No!
They shot out of the hole, and the night fury spiraled up into the nighttime sky, fresh air filling his nostrils as he relaxed his wings, until he fell backwards towards the seas heaving his wings to head back to Berk.

A familiar blue Nadder was suddenly by their side, as well as three other dragons.
'You're all okay!' Toothless crooned, a few roars from the others as his reply.

Hiccup however, was sitting frozen in fear on the saddle, his eyes wide and glared at the flashback of the monster which they had found.
He was shaking slightly in terror, his breathing labored.
The night fury took notice, and crooned in concern at his rider, only to get no reply.
Hiccup has almost died back there!
They had just discovered the dragons nest!
The thing that was controlling the dragons!
But still, he had never witnessed anything so huge!
But of course, this had happened before.
It was just a lost memory...
His little moment wore off as his shook his head slightly, and he looked around to see the island of Berk close by.

They landed swiftly, and Hiccup slid off the saddle, patting his dragon's head before they made their way towards the village.
He wasn't sure how well his father would take all of this..