Talk on the Street

Jake grabs my hand and we walk the rest of the way on the path through the park. We haven't talked much since the kiss, but every so often, we look at each other and laugh a little. The birds in the trees were making enough noise to make the silence between Jake and I less awkward, but I'm not complaining about the situation, I'm just happy to be with him right now.

I start to hear voices as we arrive in a field. There's a stage set up and about 50 people sitting on blankets. Everyone looks at us as we make our way to a bright red blanket. On the blanket were three guys, two of them looking very similar to Jake. These must be the brothers he mentioned the other day... So these are the other guys in the band! Why are all four of them so cute? I walk behind Jake to let him greet the boys before my introduction.

"So guys, this is Lex. Lex, this is—"

"Let me guess! Josh, Sam, and Danny!" I say pointing to each boy. They each smile and wave at me.

"Well Jakey, you got yourself a good one. She must have done her research because I know you haven't talked much about us," says Josh. I smile awkwardly at the remark.

"Excuse my brother, Lex," Sam says.

"I'm glad to finally meet you guys! I love your music, I actually heard it for the first time when Jake was driving me home from work," I say.

"Jake this really is the girl you were talking about the other day?! She is pretty, good job," Josh interjects. Oh no he's been talking about me... wait that's good right?

"Yes Josh, Lex is the girl I told you about. Now quit making her uncomfortable and get on the stage," Jake turns to me, shrugs, and smiles apologetically. He tells me to sit on the blanket, and as the guys get up and move to the stage, I stare at Jake in admiration. I still can't believe I got this guy to pay this much attention to me.

Jake interrupts my thoughts by taking the mic from Josh and speaking into it for all to hear, "Hey everyone, thanks for coming out today, this is our new single, 'When the Curtain Falls' and I want to dedicate this performance to Lex." My jaw drops for a second as I look around noticing everyone recording what Jake had just said. He did not just say that.

The guys play the new single and a few older songs. I can't take my eyes off of Jake, and before I know it, the set is over, and Jake sits back down next to me. "How'd you like the set?" He asks.

"I loved it! You're definitely the most talented guy I know," I say.

"Hey what about us," say Danny, Sam, and Josh together as they join us on the blanket.

"You guys are great too!" I laugh. I liked hanging around the whole band, but at this point, I was really just interested in spending more time with Jake. Alone. "Jake it's getting kinda late, I think it's time I go back home."

We say bye to the guys and head for Jake's car, hand in hand.

***

I hear my phone go off as soon as I walk through the door of my home. It's Christa. "Really Lex?" There is a video of the performance in the park attached to her message. It's the whole first song including the dedication. Christa tells me the video is all over Instagram with the hashtag #lexkiszka. I read through the comments and panic a little. What's going on? I immediately call Jake and ask him who put the video on Instagram.

"Probably someone from the audience. What's wrong?" He asks.

"What's wrong is that everyone thinks I am your girlfriend! And Christa is even more upset with me!" I tell him.

"What's so wrong with everyone thinking that? I'll take care of Christa." He says before hanging up.

I can't have people thinking I'm dating him. Christa probably hates me. Do I even like him enough to date him?

While I'm thinking, Jake calls again. "Wanna come over? I wanna talk to you."

"Send me your address, I'll be over soon," I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hola. I know this was a shitty chapter, I was a little tipsy and also preoccupied with the single release but I still wanted to write so... the next chapter will probably be less lame but no promises.