Pretty Handsome Awkward

"Uh, what's up?" I say to Jake as I back away from Sam. My eyes are wide with embarrassment, but also with disappointment. I'm not sure if I really wanted to kiss Sam, but Jake interrupting that moment pissed me off a little.

"Sam? Give us a sec?" Jake motions for Sam to leave the room. Sam rolls his eyes and walks out, stopping at Jake to whisper something I can't hear. Once Sam's gone, Jake shuts the bathroom door.

"Ok what is it?" I ask, irritated.

"My little bro just asked me not to question you, but I'm going to anyway," Jake begins, "what the hell did I just walk in on?"

The drunkenness seems to have left my body as soon as I hear Jakes question. "I'm not doing this," I laugh sarcastically. "If you're asking questions, then I can too. Why the FUCK did you bring Christa here?" I'm upset again and I can feel tears sliding down my face.

"I didn't know you'd be here! And I uh, I thought I liked her... that's what I came to talk to you about. I think I was—" I cut him off.

"You thought? Well I thought I liked Sam. That's what you walked in on," I say. Jake looks at me and laughs. "What the hell is so funny?"

"You, this, me; everything!" Jake goes to lean on the door. I cross my arms waiting for an explanation. "I think we both tried to replace each other, right?"

"I wouldn't call it that. I'm just putting my eggs in other baskets. Like you said you were," I say. Jake just looks at me. It's a bit awkward so I turn around and look in the mirror, trying to fix my makeup. "If that's all, I'm going back out."

"That's not all," he says standing in front of the door.

This is starting to get weird. What could he want? "Ok then Jake, what else is it?" I ask loudly, throwing my hands in the air.

"Christa left, she kept begging me to go home with her and wouldn't take no for an answer. So, I told her everything...like, how I feel about you," he says. He looks down, waiting for my response.

I'm confused but still angry, and I can finally feel the drunkenness coming back. I lean forward and ask, "well, how do you feel Jake?"

"The only person I want is you. All my eggs are in your basket, Lex."

I don't know what to say. I'm pissed but also confused, and a little bit happy, but I'm aware that I'm not the slightest bit sober. So, I deal with this the only way I know how. "Wow, don't be so cheesy, Jakey." I laugh, push him to the side, and walk out of the bathroom. When I'm well down the hallway heading back to the room, I notice that Jake isn't following me. Did I mess up? I'm way too drunk to process this right now.

I'm still lost in thought as I stumble into the room that we were all in before. I only see Sam. "Danny and Josh went back to the house. Where's Jake? You ok?" He asks, walking over to me with his arms out. I must look a mess because Sam's got the cutest concerned look on his face.

"I left his ass in the bathroom. I'm fine, thanks," I say, hugging him.

"You don't look too great," he says.

"Thanks! I said I'm fine, I need to go home," I say trying to stay calm. I'm starting to freak out inside.

"Let's get an uber. I'll go back and get Jake," he walks back to the bathroom.

I can't be around Jake and Sam at the same time, I'm already nauseous. The nerves would make me throw up for sure I say to myself. Before the guys come back, I call myself an Uber and text Sam that I've left already. I desperately need to be alone right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aye fam, this chapter was also shit but please give me a pass because I've just started my final semester of college! I'm graduating a whole semester early :) ANYWAY there will be some better chapters once things chill out around here. Peace&love