Not So Far Behind

We wake up to a loud crashing sound coming from outside. "What the hell?" Jake says, rubbing his eyes. He nudges me and I move over to let him out of the little bed. "If this bus is broken again I'm gonna..." he trails off and looks out of the window. At that same moment, the bus door swings open and Sam walks in.

"Well, the bus is dead," he says, dropping his arms to his sides dramatically.

"Great, so what do we do?" Jake asks, putting his pants on.

"Danny and Josh are outside trying to figure out where to get a new battery, but it's not looking good," Sam answers. "We started driving a few hours back and now we're in the middle of nowhere."

Jake rolls his eyes and turns back around to get back in the bed. "Let me know when you three figure this out," he tells his brother. Sam makes a face and walks back out the door.

"So you're not going to try and help them?" I ask confused.

Jake shrugs and messes around on his phone, probably trying to figure out where the hell we are. "Well I was asleep when those three idiots decided to start driving again," Jake says. "We haven't even played the first show on this tour yet and the bus has gone to shit." He's pissed.

"Come here, Jakey," I say in a cute voice. He sits next to me and I move to a position to give him a short massage. "Everything is going to be just fine. Where's the first stop?" I ask.

"We have to be in Columbus by 6 tonight," he says still sounding irritated. "I guess we're about three hours away, we should make it," he says, still looking at his phone.

"Good! We're not so far behind schedule! Now go outside and help the guys!" I stand up, give him a kiss and run to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

***

After a few hours, me, the boys, and about 150 screaming fans finally make it to the Newport in Columbus.

"This is a tiny place, I'm surprised they even got this many people in here," Josh yells looking through the curtain. We are backstage waiting for the venue workers to set up the sound stuff.

"Yeah this is pretty nice," Sam says. I'm sitting with Jake listening to him practice scales, but I notice Sam seems to be little nervous about something. I go over to him.

"Hey, are you alright? You've been messing with your hair a lot and I know I usually do that when I'm nervous about something," I know he's not interested in speaking to me but I figure we could fix our friendship if I show I care about him still.

"Oh... um, it's nothing. I just invited this girl to come see us tonight," Sam says. I just nod and tell him everything will be alright because he's so talented. I'm not offended or caught off guard. Sam's adorable and any girl would be lucky to have him of course, I think I might be suffering from a bit of FOMO, though. I've made it clear that I'd rather be with Jake, but still.

After talking to Sam, it's time for the guys to go play, so I decide to watch the show from the floor. Half way through the show, I see a girl with bright red hair wearing a Candlebox shirt. She looks incredibly familiar, so I try to get a little closer to see if I can figure out exactly where I know her from. After trying for half the show, I realize I can't get close enough to her without looking like a creep so I give up. She seems to have good taste in music, so hopefully I'll see her again sometime.