Oh, Me

The boys and I manage to get back onto the bus where we all get ready for bed. I'm still a little nervous about Jake's expectations, so I go into the bathroom to change into my pajamas and take a few deep breaths. When I walk into the bedroom, Jake is waiting for me on his little bed.

"Welcome back," he says. I get into his bed and he kisses my cheek. It's a tight fit but still comfortable. I notice that Jake is wearing a shirt with a panda on it.

"You like pandas right?" He asks.

"They're my favorite! How'd you know?" I ask.

"You told me when we went on that walk in the park, remember? I just happened to have these laying around," he laughs a little. Jake shifts in the bed to get more comfortable. "Tell me something I don't already know about you."

I give him a skeptical look. "Like what?" I ask.

"Your whole life," he says with the most serious look on his face.

"Um, alright. Well..." I begin to tell him all about my normal childhood and my first pets and my childhood friends Aubrie and Stephanie. Jake seems incredibly interested in hearing how my old friend Aubrie helped me realize my love for music. "And then, I went to high school and everything changed, of course."

"Was that when you met your ex? The one you told me about?" Jake asks.

"Yes, unfortunately. We were together from my junior year of high school to my junior year of college. Waste of time." I tell him. I tell him all about how difficult high school was and how I felt insecure in my relationship after I found out my ex was cheating. I finish up my little life story by explaining to him that trust is very important to me.

"So, in case you wanted to do something specific tonight while we have the room to ourselves, it's not going to happen... I hope you don't lose interest because I'm not ready yet..." I say looking at him for a response.

"Lex, I've been so interested in you since the first time I caught you staring at me. I'm not going to lose interest because you want to wait to have sex. I'm not a little boy," Jake reassured me.

After Jake puts my worries to bed, I decide that it might be time for us to do the same. I put my hand on his face and bring it closer to mine for a kiss. "Thank you for listening to me," I tell him. He nods and lays down. I lay next to him, pulling his arm to get him closer to me because I've decided I want to spoon. He kisses the back of my head gently, and not even a minute later, I hear snoring.