5. BEAUTY IN THE AIRPORT

Tuppen was having a party and I decided to go.  It was Friday and we were at lunch sitting outside and I noticed that Adam was missing I looked over at Gloria and I asked her "hey where is Adam"  all of a sudden everyone around us were really quiet and Gloria glanced over my head and when I turned there was Adam holding a single red rose and said "my little lady may I escort you to Tuppen's party tomorrow"  I look up at him and say "yes, I would like that very much"  He hands me the rose and kisses me on the cheek.  He sits down next to me and slowly reaches for my hand and I let him take it in his.  The rest of the day we walked from class to class holding hands.

As usual, everyone showed up to Lee's and when I had a chance I cornered the girls and asked them if they thought I was moving too quickly.  That is when Gloria stepped forward and grabbed my hands "my twin (see Gloria and Adam were actual fraternal twins) knows what he is getting into.  I think it is time he tells you about the first day we saw you."  She looked at him and he glanced at her and walked up to me and asked to speak to me in private.

I led him to the game room and sat down on the sofa where he joined me.  He took my hands and said.  "remember how I told you that first day of school for me and Gloria that I knew you looked familiar"  I look up at him and said yeah.  "Well, I don't know why but I have always had a thing for little ladies I don't know why here I am 6'5" and I don't think I have ever dated a girl taller than 5'5".  So, when I saw you with him it caught my eye.  It made me realize I was not the only one.  I thought he was a lucky guy to have you.  Then I saw it you tiptoed up for what I thought was going to be a sweet goodbye kiss and he pulled away and said something to you turned and walked away.  When I looked at you and I saw the tears slowly start spilling down your face I knew what he had done.  I wanted to run after him and show how a Texan could put him in his place.  I watched you slowly walk away.  I stood up and just when I had the courage to approach you I noticed you hung your head even lower and speed up.  I instantly thought this little lady doesn't normally cry.  It made me want to comfort you even more.  You seemed so fragile and strong at the same time and I started falling for you.  Then I saw Lee to me he was just a guy when you lifted your head and he ran to you.  I heard him tell you not to worry he would be back for spring break and then you looked at him again and that is when I knew you two were good friends because he guessed it all without you saying a word.  I saw him put his arm around you and help you into the car and I watched you drive away.  I hated that I didn't know more about you.  Then came my first day of school here I was told I was going to be assigned to a girl named Elle Evans because she was a soccer player.  When I saw you come up to me I recognized you and didn't understand why.  Until I found you by that car then it hit me.  I should also tell you when you were standing there with your head down he did turn and look at you before he disappeared."  I look at him and say "I don't care about that.  I just can't believe you remember me so much from that day."  "So, do you still want to go to Tuppen's party with me."  "yes, Adam I do."  I lean in and kiss him on the cheek.