11. ARCADE

Lee and I had decided to have a bestie day and so I told Adam I was busy because I was going to spend the day with Lee since we hadn't done that in a while.  All Lee did was text Rachel "bestie day" and she texted back "tell Elle I said have fun and to Be Together and win"  When I read her text I started laughing.  As usual when we got to the arcade the first game we hit is the dance revolution game.  We of course did our little routine and had a blast.  We raced each other on motorcycles and of course Lee had to say after I won "no fair Noah actually taught you how to drive one."  I laughed and said "well I guess that was an added bonus being his girlfriend."  We played several games before we decided to sit down to grab a bite to eat.  Lee took off to get our food after I gave him money and while I waited I get a text from Rachel.  "I know it is bestie day but I screwed up."  "how Rach"  "Gloria asked if I knew what you were two were doing and I told her."  "so what is wrong with that.  I didn't tell Adam because he didn't ask"  "well Adam is not happy supposedly he has someone there watching you two and he saw how you two hug something about you crying and well you know how you two hug when one of you is hurt."  "yeah with our faces buried in the other ones neck."  "well check out Instagram."  I open it up and there is a pic of Lee and me and the caption #bestfriends Yeah right"  "uhm Rach you know the truth right."  "well duh, that is why I am telling you.  A lot of the gang is pissed they know something is up and Noah saw this and now he is pissed."  I scroll through the posts and see Noah's post "hey asshat grow up they are just best friends."  I send a message back. "I was crying because I heard my mom and June's favorite song from when they were young and I started crying and well Lee was crying as well."  "that sucks Elle."  "Yeah, I still miss her."  My phone rings and I look at it and see that it is Noah.  I answer it "hey Noah  what is up."  I see Adam walk in and he doesn't look happy.  I hold up my finger to ask for a minute and he rolls his eyes.  "Are you ok it looked like you were crying."  "yeah, I was Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindy Lauper came on in the arcade..." "Say no more Shelly, you ok."  "yeah, I just miss her Noah, and well I couldn't help it and of course when Lee hugged me we both started crying so it was a mess."  "ok, well know I am still here for you."  "Yeah, thanks, Noah."  "Oh, and Elle I still miss her too she was a great person just like you love my mom I loved Mary."  "Yeah, I know Noah, you and Lee both loved her. bye"  "bye, Shelly remember she would be so proud of you."  I hung up the phone and look at Adam.

"So, not only are you on a date but you're talking to your ex."  I roll my eyes "I don't need this right now Adam Lee is just my friend, my twin if you can't accept that go."  He looked at me "seriously" I look at him with tears streaming down my face and say "yes, seriously.  I am not letting go of Lee and there is nothing you can do about it.  He is my twin my best friend"  "so, you don't want to talk about it."  "you came in here accusing me and didn't even ask what was going on so yes just go Adam"  He turned and walked away and next thing I hear is "you Ok Evans"  I look up and I see Tuppen and I shake my head no and he just pulls me up against him and holds me and I hear him say "Lee will be here soon"  "how did you know Tuppen"  "it is all over Instagram I figured he was going to overreact and come here.  It's that girl Noah brought."  "well, I don't care Tuppen let her do what she wants.  Any guy I date has to be confident enough in himself and our relationship to understand Lee is more like my real twin then just a best friend."  "you got that right here comes Olivia." Olivia rubs my back "you ok Elle why were you crying"  "oh, that my mom and June you know Lee's mom" they both shake their heads "well their favorite song came on and well we both got depressed."  Olivia says "completely understandable."  All of a sudden Adam and Lee come up and Adam grabs me by the waist and says "I am sorry little lady I didn't know please forgive me"  I look at him and say "I don't know if I can Adam you wanted me to choose between you and Lee and well as far as I am concerned that is a deal breaker."  I turned and walked away and heard Lee say "You, know we all told you especially Rachel you needed to pay attention to how Shells and I behave around each other so you could understand nothing will come between us.  Obviously, you didn't."  I was waiting at the car when Lee came out we climbed into his car and he placed our food in the back seat and smiled "Had a funny feeling we were going to be taking it home, and no you are not eating in my car."