15. FIRST DATE TAKE 2

I really didn't know what to expect from Noah when he said he had something special planned.  I did know that I was nervous.  I also knew that I needed to fight the urge to fall into his arms and forgive him.  I needed him to know that the decisions in our relationship had to be made together or we were not in a relationship.  I also needed him to realize that I knew there were other options out there for me.  I have been thinking lately that another part of the reason he kept the other guys away from me was he didn't want me to know anyone liked me.  He didn't want to have to compete for my attention because he wasn't sure he could keep it.  One thing I do know is that I am going to explain we are just dating and I might except dates from other guys.

Noah, texted me to dress casual so, here I am in jeans, t-shirt and a leather jacket he bought me last year for my birthday.  I had already had a huge discussion with my dad about going out with Noah and he was not happy about it but he relented saying he would have to let go eventually and trusted me to make the right choices.  When Noah arrived I knew my dad was going to talk to him about his feelings about us dating again.  It was a long 10 minutes before my dad called me down.  As I came down mine and Noah's eyes locked and it took all my self-control to look away from his eyes so, I didn't fall instantly into his arms.

I had a funny feeling he was going to bring his bike which is why I chose the outfit I had on.  I know how he works any excuse to have me wrap my arms around him.  I hate to admit it I kind of liked the fact that he had brought it.  We stopped off at a burger joint Lee and I go to a lot and the waitress asked me "Hey, where is your partner in crime."  I laughed "out with his girlfriend."  "Oh, yeah Rachel right."  "yep, Martha."  "so, do you want the usual Elle."  "Yeppers."  "I don't know how you do it.  If I ate the triple cheeseburger alone I would gain ten pounds."  I laugh and she looks at Noah and asks for you "I will have the same"  I start laughing "hang on Martha.  You realize that is a triple cheeseburger, a large order of fries, and a large Strawberry shake."  "Oh, well make mine a chocolate shake instead."  I laugh and shake my head.  "You seriously finish all that Shelly."  "Yeah, ask Martha the first time I ordered it and finished she almost passed out."  "With the number of Cheeseburgers, pizza and deep fried foods you two eat I am surprised you and Lee haven't gained any weight."  "Well, Lee and I do go swimming every single day.  Plus I have my soccer practice."  We talked for a little while till our food came and then we talked about what was going on in our lives.  I explained why things ended with Adam and he understood.  He also agreed that if someone couldn't except the family then they would never be a good match for any of us.  At that point, Noah said, "OK on to the second part of our date Shelly."  We climbed back on his bike and headed towards the Hollywood sign.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to go there with him.  The first time we ended up making love but I knew I could not allow that to happen.  

When we get there Noah takes off our helmets and pulls out a blanket from the compartment under the seat and leads me down.  After spreading out the blanket we both sit down and look ours over the city.  As I was admiring the view I feel him lean over and brush his lips along the base of my neck and say "Shelly, I really miss you."  I turn around and he is right next to me.  He slowly leans in and brushes his lips against mine and I feel my body shudder.  Just as he starts to brush his tongue along my lips seeking entrance.  I pull away "Noah, please I am not ready."  "That's crap Shelly I could see your body shudder.  Please, I really miss holding you, and kissing you." "You forgot having sex."  "Damn it does it all have to go back to that.  If you don't want to fine.  I am not saying I don't want to because yes I do.  I want you, Shelly, I want all of you, but you need to understand I love you I will settle for just holding you and kissing you.  If you decided the next time we make love isn't until if and when we get married so be it."  I look up at him take a deep breath before beginning "first off Noah, I do still love you."  I look down and he grabs me and pulls me up against him and tries to kiss me again.  I push him back "I am not done.  Second I don't trust you right now.  You need to build that trust back.  Also, I am not ready to be exclusive with anybody.  I do plan to date as in if someone asks me and I am interested or intrigued I will go out with them.  You have to promise not to get mad or threaten the guy if you know them."  He looks at me and I can tell he is not happy with these new developments.  He brushes his hand down my cheek.  I couldn't help but close my eyes to enjoy the feel of his skin gliding down my face.  "I don't like it, Shelly, I actually hate it the idea of another guy holding you drive me crazy but as long as you give me a chance to win you back I will do anything for you."  "Thank you, Noah."  He sits behind me pulling me up against him with me between his legs and as I lean back he wraps his arms around me.  I smile and say "thank you for this Noah, this is special.  It will always  be our special place."