14. NOAH'S BACK

The two days before Noah came home I did a lot of thinking.  Two things I knew for certain was one I did still love Noah and two we needed to trust each other enough to discuss all discussions about us with each other.  I sneaked off to the arcade to try and sort out what I was going to say to Noah when he came home.  I was sitting there when a guy slid in across from me and said: "Hey there sexy how about we leave this kiddie hang out and get to know each other I am Tristan."  I look up and  say "no, thank you not interested."  My phone pings and I have a message from Noah, "hey I know we are not meeting up till later but if you want I am going to the arcade for a while."  I smile and shake my head.  Tristan looks at me "Is it that you have a boyfriend."  I smile and say "no, to be honest, I am kind of on the fence right now."  "how so" I raise an eyebrow at him and he says "look I know you don't know me or anything but sometimes it takes someone outside the circle to help out."  I look up at him and say "Well my ex-boyfriend decided to listen to his new college friends and break up with me so I could enjoy my senior year without him." "Oh, so your ex is in college."  "yep, he swears he messed up and wants to get back together but I don't know." 

 I drop my head on to the table.  "What is wrong?"  "nothing I am just so confused."  "Why is that?"  All of a sudden I hear "What the hell is going on here?"  I look up and see Noah.  "Ah, great just what I need."  Noah grabs me and pulls me out of my seat and growls "You know I can handle you moving on because of my stupidity and you dating Adam but I will not sit here and allow yourself to destroy your reputation this way.  You are supposed to be seeing Adam."  "Damn it, Noah, Adam and I broke up.  We are not even dating right now. You are not my father Noah Flynn so stop acting like it."  I turn to storm off "Shells please, I am sorry."  "Let me go Noah" "No, not till you look at me."  I turn and look at him and I almost melt.  I swallow before saying "if you want to meet later I suggest you let me go now."  He did and let me go.  As I get outside I hear chuckling beside me and turn to see a guy I didn't know standing there and he leans into me "well, well, well how about me and you go for a ride."  "he grabs my arm and tries to pull me along I start trying to kick him when I hear "Flynn Evans is in trouble"  I am screaming and pulling when all of a sudden I feel two strong arms grab me and spin me away and I hear "don't you ever touch my girl like that again."  I turn around to see Noah punching this guy repeatedly I step up and someone is holding me saying "no stay back"  I turn and see it is Tristan I look him in the eyes and say "it will be OK he will never hurt me."  I walk up to the fight and I touch Noah's shoulder and say "Noah, please stop I need you."  Next thing I know he turns looks me in the eye and stands up grabs me and holds me close whispering "your OK right he didn't hurt you."  "just a little where he grabbed my wrist but I am fine."  He held me close and said, "damn it, Shelly, he could have hurt you."  He pulls back and looks into my eyes and leans in to kiss me and I stop him and say "not yet, we can date and hold each other but we are not there yet."  "fine Shelly I will wait.  Does this mean it is just us again?"  "No, it means that our meeting tonight is now a date."  He presses his forehead to mine and says "fine I will take it and Shelly I can pick you up tonight right." "Yes, Noah you can pick me up."

I drove home so I could get ready for mine and Noah's date.  I was nervous because he told me good because he was planning something special.  I texted Lee about what happened at the arcade.  All he sent back was "well still make him work for it so, he knows what he lost and doesn't do it again."