6. FIRST DATE

I was nervous getting ready for my date with Adam. The only other guy I had ever gone out with was Cody and we had agreed we were better off as friends. I was reminded how upset Noah was that Cody ignored his declaration that I was off limits. I realized where my head was going so I shook it and finished getting ready. All of a sudden I hear a knock on the door. The good thing was that dad had met Adam a few times at Lee's so there was no awkward unknown boy meets dad before I made my way downstairs. As I was walking down I stopped on the bottom step because this was the first time I had seen Adam in something other than the school uniform or swimwear. There he was in all his 6'5" glory wearing his trademark cowboy boots and hat but he was also wearing a pair of tight wranglers and a blue button-down shirt. I looked at him and the dress I was wearing and asked "what are you going to tell me great minds think alike" since I was wearing a blue spaghetti strap dress with a sweetheart neckline a bodice that skimmed my body falling to a skirt that flared out hitting me just above my knees. He smiled and said, "well, to be honest Elle I noticed you wear a lot of blue and took a chance with this shirt." I smiled at him told my dad goodbye and let Adam lead me out the door. He opened the door to his car and helped me in before closing it behind me. He walked around the car and that is when I noticed how his jeans hugged his butt and I sucked in my breath. I couldn't believe I actually thought I wanted to reach out and just pinch it. He climbed in next to me while I was trying to control my breathing. He looked at me and asked "are you ok little lady" I looked at him and said, "yeah, I guess I am just a little nervous." He just smiled leaned over and kissed me on the cheek before taking off and heading over to Tuppen's.

When we walked into Tuppens he wrapped his arm around my waist and I wrapped my arm around his. All of a sudden as I was looking around I noticed all eyes were on us and I didn't understand why. It wasn't until I looked at Olivia and saw her lift an eyebrow at me glance at my waist and give me a thumbs up sign. I just smiled and placed my head on Adam's shoulder. When I did that he looked down at me and kissed me on my forehead. All night Adam always seemed to be touching me. It was always either him with his arm around my waist, him holding my hand or his arm around my shoulders. I was actually enjoying myself and happy for the first time in a long time. When my phone went off and there was a text from Noah and it said. "you never deserved him. you are nothing but a slut" I dropped my phone and ran out the back door in tears. Next thing I know I feel someone pull me up against them and I hear Adam say "come on little lady just let it out. You are not what that person called you. You are sweet, kind, caring and beautiful. He is the one that never deserved you." He then lifted my chin to look at him and said "His loss is my gain. I find you to be very intriguing and worth so much more than I could ever be worth." He pulled me in again and kissed the top of my head.

I hear Lee calling me "hey, Shelly you ok. Here is your phone I deleted that message. It wasn't from Noah and he didn't know about it but he is mad. You and Adam all over social media and the asshats here keep tagging him on the pictures and he is not taking it too well especially the one from Warren that says "Man Flynn you were so easily replaced" I look at Lee and tell him "I am sorry Lee I never meant to hurt him but ...." he cuts me off and says "need to move on. believe me, Shells I agree. He did this to himself. I happy for both of you." He walks away to go find Rachel. Adam looks down at me and asks "do you still want to stay" I look up at him and say "yes." We lock eye's and slowly move closer to each other. We get so close I can feel his breath on my lips before I say "I am sorry I can't I am not ready" He just smiles at me and says "my little lady you are worth the wait."