➻Two

"AAAAHHHHHH!"

I screamed and buried my face in my arms on the floor, trying to shove the image of the men's bare bodies out of my head.

"What fuck?!" One of the men yelled.

Fuck? The unfamiliar word entered my ears. What did that mean?

Anyways, the meaning of the word was irrelevant! Where was I? What happened??

I had often gone to the back of my closet before and I had always found a solid, wooden wall. I most certainly had never encountered naked men in the back of my closet.

Oh the mortification! The scandal! What would my dear mother do in my situation? I had never before seen a woman flash hardly an ankle before, nor a man improperly show off bare skin, much less seen a complete naked person.

And just now, I'd seen seven men naked.

"Where did she come from?"

"Was she hiding there the whole time?"

"Someone call the manager!"

"I would except I don't have any clothes on, genius!"

"Did she hear me talking about IU??"

"Everyone calm down and shut up!" One voice rose above the rest and I flinched at the harsh words. "This girl isn't even Korean as you can tell. Just, everyone put on clothes and lets sort this mess out!"

So many foreign words to my ears, so much panic, I was starting to feel light-headed. I tried to turn around without looking up as the room became uncomfortably silent and I heard the rustle of what I assumed the men putting on their clothes.

I looked up after I'd turned around and saw the same, tall black drape before me that I had seen from my closet. Hope surged through me. Behind those curtains must be my closet and house in Chicago.

I staggered up and yanked open the drape, but only stared to find another room beyond the black curtain that was definitely not my bedroom closet.

"Whoa, lady! I'm not fully clothed yet, close the curtain will you??"

I felt my face burn in humiliation and quickly abided to the man's order. Was I perhaps dreaming at the moment? Had I fallen asleep without realizing it when I was waiting for Mister Greene to arrive upon my house's front door?

"Okay, you can turn around now," a voice grumbled.

My throat was too dry. The lights were too bright.

Everything was too much and I swayed on my feet unevenly.

"Steady, you good?" A hand brushed my elbow and I quickly recoiled, whipping around.

The men were now indeed all dressed, but certainly not appropriately. They wore outlandish clothes that were so colorful it almost hurt my eyes and showed off bare skin around their necks and shoulders. My eyes travelled to their faces, which were all surprisingly youthful and handsome. But their facial features were not like any other I'd seen before. They were certainly not American. My gaze finally ended at their heads where their hairs were just as colorful as their clothes: red, silver, golden yellow, white blond, black, orange, and light pink. Surely these men weren't born with these hair colors  right?

One of the men cleared his throat. He was the one with the orange hair. "Do you speak Korean? Or...." He trailed off.

Korean? The name was ever so vaguely familiar, but I couldn't tell why.