➻ Thirty-three

Evan Greene was sent to my house by Sir Augustus to be take over my family and the Silver Star. Evan, little by little, caused my family to become bankrupt until the only decision we had left was to let Augustus buy the majority of our company.

Evan had only shrugged, saying that the 'Evan Greene' from 'back then' was in the wrong and should never had done such a thing. He never affirmed or denied if he was the same person and Namjoon had declared we needed to leave because of an 'urgent phone call.' It turned out he had done something called 'text' to Jimin to call Namjoon's number and act as if the dance studio was about to blow up.

"Okay, so what does that mean?" Jungkook crossed his arms. "What are we supposed to do now?"

"He never actually came out saying he was the same guy, but I am 99.99999999999999-" Jin started.

"Enough nines! We get it, you're really really really sure he's the same guy," Namjoon cut in. "And I do think so as well."

The boys were on lunch break from rehearsal and we had met briefly for half an hour at the hotel before they had to head back to the arena for more concert practice.

"So what do we do?" Jungkook repeated.

"Look, Evan might have just as well fallen into his own closet and come here himself," I inserted. "He must be lost and confused, and he most likely found this museum as the only solace for his confusion."

"But why take a sudden interest to you?" Hoseok pointed out wisely.

"Perhaps... I don't know," I gave up in exasperation. "Yet I am assured that he does not know who exactly I am. Besides, we're being too hasty. How would Evan even know I disappeared, hm? We can't just put him on the villainous spot."

"There you go, being naïve again," Jin sighed, eyes fluttering a little.

"She does have a point though," Jimin said. "This all happened because Yoongi thought he was bad and then we all started assuming. We haven't really taken into consideration that one: he probably doesn't know what Abby looks like; two: there's really no way that he knew Abby had disappeared to this time period; and three... yeah there was no three."

"Great, thanks for summarizing exactly what Abby just said," Yoongi growled. "And for the record, are you guys starting to blame me for all this?"

"We're not blaming anyone," Namjoon said gravely. "We're just trying to understand how exactly to proceed from here."

"We're here for about four more days," Taehyung said, puppy eyes big and hopeful. "Then we head for London and then Berlin. Why don't we send Abby ahead of us and to just ensure safety?"

"No," I stated before anyone could respond. "I'm staying in Chicago."

"Hold on, what?" Hoseok paused and peered at me curiously from his phone.

I took a deep breath before looking up. "I can't possibly continue on with you boys on and on. The money for the airplanes, the sneaking around. And I believe whatever I must accomplish for my family must be done in Chicago. So here I'll remain."

"You still have no idea how to get back, Abby," Namjoon said. "You don't have any source of money or identity save for the visa and us. How do you expect to survive without us?"

He wasn't trying to be threatening or anything. He was just stating facts.

I laced my fingers together in a tight ball. "I'll figure something out," I whispered.