➻Twenty-five

The days passed by slowly, yet at the same time in a blink of an eye.

Before I knew it, we were packing up again for New Jersey, heading back into the United States. Taehyung had continued to be kind to me, always asking me if I wanted anything that he could get for me, but respectful of my space. I did all I could to avoid Jin. The members remained friendly, but there was always an awkward tension in the air if Jin and I were in the same room.

What truly angered me though was when I would see Jin and Kiri together. Kiri would more often than not be putting herself all over Jin, and Jin wouldn't respond to her actions but neither would he push her away.

Once I caught him staring at me just as Kiri planted a kiss on his cheek. His face became pink and he looked away.

How could a man go so quickly from one woman to another? The members shot their eldest dark looks often, but did nothing to stop him.

Lastly, a petty thought always inched itself into my head.

He was my first kiss.

One night. It lasted for one night.

And then it was over.

"Third time you're about to run into the wall, Abby," Yoongi sighed behind me, breaking my thoughts.

I stopped and realized I was inches away from the store wall.

"Honestly, one more time and I'll just let you run into the wall," Yoongi said, reaching over onto one of the shelves to put a bag of chips in the basket.

Yoongi, Hoseok, and I had gone shopping for lunch for the members. I'd remained a solid distance between them most of the time, but the store we were in was small and not many other people were in there.

The staff had given the boys one last chance to prove they didn't need to be babysat after they'd been escorted everywhere by staff members in Canada. Not an incident went by, obviously because Kiri was busy with Jin rather than trying to ruin BTS' reputation.

"Are you okay Abby?" Hoseok shot me a concerned look above the cough mask he wore as a requirement to help better hide his image in public from anyone who might recognize him.

"Of course she's not," Yoongi snorted, wearing an identical mask on his own face, putting another bag in the basket. "She got messed around with three different punks and injured both times."

"Is this about Jin hyung?" Hoseok asked in a low voice.

"Yo, Hoseok, we said we weren't going to say anything about that," Yoongi hissed. "Jin hyung needs to be the one who talks to her."

"Well he isn't and it's really starting to make me tick," Hoseok snapped back.

"Please, let's just not talk about it," I said softly. "I really don't want to know."

"You seriously don't care?" Hoseok asked. It was obvious he wanted to come up and comfort me, but we couldn't risk any physical touching.

I bit my lip. "Is it true that Jin hyung and Kiri are dating?" I asked.

Hoseok hesitated. "Yes," he finally said.

I nodded. "Then I don't need to know anything else."

Yoongi shot Hoseok a death glare, placing yet another bag in the basket.

"Uh, Yoongi hyung," Hoseok pointed at the basket. "That's the eighth potato chip bag you've stuffed in there."

Yoongi looked down in mild surprise. "Ah."