➻Fourteen

"Move over, you're hogging the bed," Jimin complained, shoving at Jungkook's shoulders.

"You don't need that much room," Jungkook said sourly. "You're tiny."

"Excuse me!" Jimin head locked Jungkook.

"Will you kids keep it down?" Namjoon sighed heavily, looking up from his book.

BTS had their concerts the past four days, leaving me by myself to preoccupy myself in the hotel rooms. Despite the dark rumor of Jin and me hovering over the group, their concerts had been a great success and BTS had came back with tears and emotions running high from all the love and support they'd been given.

Jin and I were still roommates, but he came back so late at night. I was always asleep before he came in and in the mornings he was up early with the other members, getting ready for their next concert. They had four concerts in Los Angeles before we all moved to a city called Oakland for their last concert in California.

Jin and I had barely talked since that night.

The staff had been a little more lenient with the members, allowing them to go in small units out into Oakland and its neighboring city, San Francisco, to see sights the last two days. I had trailed after a few of them, marveling at the massive cities and the colors everywhere. But I hadn't been able to share my experience and feelings with anyone since I couldn't talk to BTS in public.

Today, though despite it being the last day in California, the members had basically stayed indoors. They had gone to the pool this morning, then worked out early afternoon after lunch in a place called the 'gymnasium' before retreating to their rooms when someone recognized them and asked if they could tell them about the 'girl situation.'

Ever since, they'd been so antsy in the room. Yoongi had laid claim to one bed and fell right asleep while Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook and clambered onto the second bed, fighting over the TV. Namjoon was sitting in a chair trying to read a book (key word: trying) while Hoseok sat on the couch on his phone.

Jin had gone with the staff members to 'further investigate about the situation' before BTS left California, and to buy the members' snacks. He'd been gone for two hours now and I was becoming a little worried.

"BigHit's released a statement!" Hoseok shot up from the couch.

In a flash, all the members were crowded around Hoseok. Even Yoongi- guess he hadn't been truly sleeping after all- leapt from the bed and fought his way into the circle of members around Hoseok.

I stayed sitting quietly in the corner and watched the boys reading it.

Namjoon read it out loud. "Hello. This is BigHit Entertainment addressing the issue that occurred on the morning of September 5, 2018. We are taking legal actions against the account that released the photos of BTS member and a girl. The situation, has in fact, been taken out of context and blown out of proportion. The girl was behind a hotel and BTS member was concerned for her. Please understand that the boys are not involved in any relationship and we sincerely apologize to fans and the public."

"Legal actions?" Taehyung scratched behind his head. "What exactly does that mean? Do they even know the person behind the account?"

"We can ask when Jin hyung comes back," Namjoon said.

"Okay, you guys all saw the statement. Now please back up and stop suffocating me!" Hoseok's indignant squeak made the members spread back out. "How are you guys going to explain to ARMY when you kill me on accident?"

"Oh relax you big baby," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Ah, where's hyung," Taehyung moaned. "I'm hungry."