➻ Thirty-six

The seven knights were to enter my life to save my family.

Evan Greene was thrown into 'detention center,' a place similar to a jail. Despite him being 20 years old, Namjoon said, the police said since he seemed to be touched in the head, going on about time travel or something, they had decided to take a little pity on him and his youthful stage and put him not in actual jail.

"Cheers!" Jimin crowed happily, raising his glass of wine. "To a successful mission and ensuring all our safety finally!" With that, he downed the entire glass with one gulp.

It was perhaps about 2 AM, after the boys' concerts, and yet they were surprisingly energetic and decided to have a small celebration party together for the 'demise of Evan' (as Taehyung put it which I found a tad bit extreme).

"I'm still pissed at that idiot," Yoongi fumed. "He stuck a damn gun to Jungkook's head and knocked out our staff members. What is wrong with him?"

"Does anyone understand villains?" Namjoon sighed.

"You guys could've died," I said softly. "You all brought pans against the men with guns."

"Several of the men didn't even have guns on their person," Hoseok informed me. "Those silly bastards thought themselves safe once they got into the basement of that old hospital."

"Who are you calling silly," Jin scowled from the small kitchen where he was frying some food. "You didn't even want to go in because it was 'too dark.'"

Taehyung clasped his hands together in impersonation of Hoseok. "Oh no, you guys pwease go ahead. I'll guard, okay? It's too dark, pwease pwease don't make me go in!"

"That is exaggerating!" Hoseok chucked a piece of fried shrimp at Taehyung. "I have a right to be afraid of abandoned hospitals!"

"Good grief, hyung," Jungkook sighed, picking up the fallen shrimp that had missed Taehyung's head entirely and popping it into his mouth. "You didn't want to get the person who stuck a gun at my head?"

"We should've called the police like I said!" Hoseok threw his arms in the air. "But no, you guys were like 'we don't have time, we gotta go.' Idiots."

"Well we didn't and we're all perfectly fine!" Yoongi swept his arms.

"Because we've got a Bread Genie and a God of Destruction on our side!" Taehyung declared.

Yoongi exhaled slowly and his eyes flickered up to the ceiling.

The world began to spin again for me and I squeezed my eyes shut to block out the feeling. It made my stomach turn and twist.

"Abby?"

I opened my eyes and my vision was slightly fuzzy for a few seconds before sharpening again to see all the members were staring at me.

"You just got all pale," Jimin frowned.

"We really need to know what you're putting in your food, Jin! It's making Abby sick," Namjoon said darkly.

"Considering your IQ 148, you are surprisingly stupid to question my cooking," Jin shot back.

"Guys, quit it seriously," Hoseok scolded before looking at me. "Is it true what Evan said?" He asked me quietly. "You're dying in this era? These dizzy spells..."

I took a deep breath and forced a smile on my face. "I-it's okay," I stuttered. "I just... I don't..."

"Is it true or not?" Hoseok's face hardened a little.

I bit my lip. "I don't know," I admitted softly, "but I think it is."

The members exchanged looks and swallowed hard.