Chapter 24

15k?!?! Thank you!!
As this is part two of the climax- I skipped everything that would have happened between the appointment to the day of the surgery. It works out better this way.

Jeongguk was stressed, needless to say. He was scared- but he was ready. Ready for this tumor to be gone. Ready for him to be a normal teenager. Ready to live his life with Taehyung. He was ready.

But he was not ready for the outcome. He was not ready for the doctor to tell him something went wrong. He wasn't ready to not wake up again. But he also wasn't ready.

Even with these thoughts, here he is getting ready for the scheduled surgery. Throwing some sweat pants on and a t-shirt, along with his timberlands.

He met his mother downstairs along with Taehyung, which he expected. Taehyung had been with him for the entire month. Helping him through his sudden panic attacks, his nervousness, helping him sleep, and anything a boyfriend would normally do. Jeongguk appreciated him so much for that, but he feels as if all of that is about to go to waste now that he is having surgery.

Jeongguk wasn't allowed to eat since it was something the doctor's had told him. He had been on a strict pre-surgery diet, so he had a glass of water. Taehyung didn't eat either, he didn't want to make Jeongguk more hungry than he already was- same with his mother.

"Baby, you ready?" Taehyung asks with a slight smile approaching Jeongguk.

Jeongguk leans his forehead against Taehyung chest, "N-Not r-really if I'm h-honest. I'm t-terrif-fied."

"It's okay to be scared. We will be there when you go under and we will be there when you wake up. Trust me." Taehyung says embracing the younger.

"O-okay."

The car ride there was silent. The only noise you heard was the quiet radio playing throughout the car. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was just silent. Which left Jeongguk to thinking; what if he never wakes up again?

How would his mom feel? How would Taehyung handle it? How would his other friends handle it.

How would his father feel if word got to him.

Thinking got Jeongguk no where. He was snapped out of it by Taehyung's hand on his arm. "Stop thinking about it. You'll wake up."

"Y-yeah, b-but what i-if I don't?"

"You will. I promise." Taehyung gives him a comforting squeeze.

They arrive shortly after and make their way inside the rather large hospital building. They checked in at the counter and the receptionist paged Dr. Riggs, or whoever was going to talk to them about the surgery.

They sat in the waiting room for about fifteen minutes before Dr. Riggs appeared and greeted them. They were brought back to his office and met the other doctors that were helping with the surgery.

They sign some papers and part ways but not before hugging each other. Jeongguk's mom was almost in tears.

"You'll be fine, honey. You're strong. I believe in you." She gave him a tight embrace, Jeongguk hugging back just as tight. Once they let go he looked at Taehyung and in an instant they were in each other's arms, Taehyung speaking first.

"I promise you'll wake up. You just have to believe in yourself. I love you, Jeongguk." Taehyung said kissing his forehead before letting him go and smiling at him.

"I-I love y-you both, t-too. I-I'll see y-you s-soon.

Jeongguk followed Dr. Riggs, along with the other doctors, into his assigned room. He changed into the hospital gown and they hooked him up to anesthesia.

His eyes grew heavy because of the sleepy drug and before he knew it, he was captured by darkness.

Taehyung and Ms. Jeon sat in the waiting room refusing to leave just in case they finished surgery and they weren't there to see him.

Taehyung sat with his head leaned against his palm, while Ms. Jeon just sat in the chair fidgeting.

Taehyung glanced at her and noticed the uneasiness immediately. "He'll be okay, Ms. Jeon. We just need to have faith in him. He'll wake up." He said to her with encouraging eyes.

"Yeah. You're right. He couldn't leave us after all. He loves us too much." She starts to sniffle, "But I just can't help but to think about the negatives.. I mean.. W-what if I loose my son, Taehyung? What if he doesn't make it through surgery? I would be crushed. I don't think I would be able to function anymore. He is all I have left." Ms. Jeon finishes, tears running down her face as she constantly wipes them.

"I don't know how it feels to loose someone, but I know how it feels to love someone. And when you love someone you do crazy things for them. Jeongguk will fight until the very end, Ms. Jeon. He won't leave us. He won't leave you. You're his mother. You're all he had growing up. You took care of him, stood up for him, helped him. He loves you more than anything and he will fight to see you again." Taehyung smiles, tears welding in his own eyes.

They finally found themselves asleep in the waiting room until around two or so in the morning because of the uncomfortable chairs. But that is the last of their concerns.

When eight rolls around the two of then only got 2 hours of sleep in total. The operation has been going on for 13 hours nonstop, and they were starting to get worried. They were soon brought out of their thoughts by the doctor himself. Dr. Riggs.

"Ms. Jeon? And—?" Dr. Riggs says when he comes into the waiting room. Taehyung and Ms. Jeon immediately stand up. "Taehyung. I'm his boyfriend."

"Ah, so good news the surgery went well. The donor had a very healthy brain and we were able to give Jeongguk a healthy brain. Well the parts that he needed at least. But he currently hasn't woken up from the surgery."

"What does that mean?" Taehyung asks, voice covered in a frantic worry.

"I'm sorry to say that Jeongguk has fallen into a coma and might wake up with slight amnesia. The surgery went perfect, so I don't understand why he hasn't woken up yet. We think it has something to do with the donor's brain trying to configure with Jeongguk's brain, if that makes any since."

Ms. Jeon was already in tears, "C-Can we see him?"

"Of course. Just follow me to his room." Dr. Riggs says and starts leading the way.

[A/N]
Unedited
Hopefully this publishes... having trouble with a certain platform
More info about what is going on is in my message board...
I can't reply to comments but I see them...
I start school Wednesday...