Chapter 5

and with that I walked away. I sat at the table with my friends laughing tilt he bell rang. But no one was moving, instead they were all crowded around the snack machines. 

"ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!?" I said, continuing my walk to class. Then someone ran up to me, someone random. 

"IT'S DEVONTAE, ANDREA!" 

"What's Devontae?"

"HE'S IN THE FIGHT! AND HE'S BEATING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF CRAIG!"

THIS NIGGA. I TOLD HIM NO. 

I started hauling ass over to the snack machines and when I saw Devontae kicking Craig, I got mad. 

"DEVONTAE! WHAT THE FUCK!? STOP!" I yelled getting in between both of them. He'd never hit me.

"DREA, MOVE!"

"NO!"

"You're gonna take his side?! WHAT THE FUCK!?"

"I'm not taking sides, and at the same time I don't wanna see him DIE!! STOP IT!"

"He deserves it!"

"No he doesn't... LEAVE IT!"

"man fuck you and him!" He yelled, knocking over a snack machine and storming off. I turned my attention back to Craig who was holding his stomach with one hand and nose with the other.

"Craig.. are you okay?" I asked as I pressed down on his stomach and he winced in pain. 

"No... I think your cousin broke a rib... But he was right..." he said, then winced again. "I deserved it. " 

"No you didn't. Maybe a slap in the face but not this.... Even though you did break my heart, I can't say I don't care about you.."

The little crowd around us sorted into "awwee!" and after me and Craig laughed a little someone started a chant. 

"KISS. KISS.. KISS. KISS. KISS!" I laughed at them then looked back at Craig who was smiling. I began leaning down on the ground where he was and kissed him sweetly on his lips. 

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!" The crowd around us said. 

THEN THE PRINCIPAL RUINED IT. 

"You two, my office, NOW."

"He can barely get up!"

"Who's fault is that, now?"

"YA MAMA'S!" I said, annoyed. "He was kicked int he stomach, hard, which probably indicates something along that line IS BROKEN! and when something is broken SIR, you can't move it or there will be MORE PAIN. But YOU wouldn't know that because in school you were probably stuffed behind your science book eating donuts rather than paying attention. NOW, MR SIR. if you do not mind, I'm calling him mom and SHE will take us to the hospital... K?" I said, raising an eyebrow. He had nothing more to say. I violated him. 

"Very well. This isn't over.' He said, walking away. 

"Bitch ass nigga." I said, shaking my head. "ain't nobody got time fah dat."

______________________

"Well, he has a bruised rib and a broken nose. How did this happen?"

"ain't nobody got time fah dat. Will he be okay is what I'm worried about?" I replied back tot he doctors, annoyed. 

"Give him a week and he'll be good as new. Til then he'll need someone to take care of him.."

"I WILL.."

"You can't.."

"I can and I will, Craig. What are friends for?"

"are you sure you want to do this, Andrea?" His mom asked.