Chapter 24

When I woke up that morning I didn't see Andrea beside so, like usual, I got up and went downstairs. She wasn't there either, but I found a note.

"Took CJ to my mom's so I could go to work, I didn't wanna wake up. Have a good day, babe!

xoxo, De. ♥"

I sighed and put the note back down and looked in the fridge to see what was to eat and surprisingly, there wasn't a lot.

"Hmm, guess I could go grocery shopping." I said to myself and jogged upstairs. I checked the time on my phone and got bug-eyed. "Damn, 12." I thought again to myself and checked my messages.

"Oh, and I called in for you today, Love you! ♥" a text from Drea read. I smiled and shook my head and hopped in the shower for about 30 minutes and got dressed and by time I was out the door it was about 1:15.

While I was driving, Drea called me but neither of us would answer the phone while driving so I let it ring til I pulled up to Wal-Mart and then answer it.

"Hey baby, Wassup?"

"Um, nothing. Hey, can you do me a tinyyyy favor?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I need you to go to the store for me."

"Alright, whatchu need?"

"Some tampons."

I took the phone away from my ear and threw a fit, then put it back. "Damnit, De. C'mon now. Can't you keep track of this kind of stuff?"

"Not my fault, shits all weird! Can you please?"

"Drea, I really don't wanna go into this store and pick up no damn tampons." I said, slouching in the carseat.

"Pleaseeee!" she pleaded on the other end. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes.

"Midol too?"

"Thanks babe!" she said and hung up the phone.

I decided to get her shit first so it'd be at the bottom.

Going to wherever that shit was, I saw Chres on the same aisle looking for the same thing.

"Aye man, Wassup?" he said dapping me.

"You too, huh?"

"Yeah, swear these females do this on purpose."

"First time?"

"Nah, you?"

"yeah! I don't have the time for this shit." I said, picking up a box and putting it into the cart.

"Well, since Chanel's on her lady business, mind if I come over? I don't have the time for her hormonal emotionalness." Chres scoffed.

"Ahaha, sure man." I said, walking away from the aisle. "See you later."

About 45 minutes later I was done and the weird looks I got from buying those damn tampons irritated me.

"THEY'RE FOR MY GIRLFRIEND!" I found myself finally yelling to avoid the looks of these middle-aged men.

"Awee, that's so sweet!" I heard a couple times from some girls.

After I got done with that I drove home and put up the groceries and then just chilled til Drea walked through the door. She seemed a little mad.

"You aight baby?"

"yeah, I fine. I'm just irritated, you get my stuff?"

"On the bed."