34| Acquaintance

S E B A S T I A N

S E B A S T I A N

I left her dorm and closed the door behind me carefully without making any sounds. There was a huge smile stuck on my face that I couldn't drop as much as I try. Instead, the scene that happened just minutes ago kept playing in my head and making me smile even harder.

I raised my hand to touch my ear, only to feel it very hot. I bet it looked red as well. So, I tried to hide them with my hair. But then my hand slipped down to my lips where I placed my index finger over them.

As much as I think about it, it still seems surreal. It feels like a dream, though it just happened! It was beyond what I ever imagined. Her lips were so soft and warm, they made me weak.

She made me weak.

I was utterly taken aback and speechless. For I've been waiting for this moment my whole life, but I never imagined it happen by her or even happen now before she had recovered her memories.

My mind was only processing two things; she kissed me and wanted us to be together. Which was enough to heal pieces of my broken heart.

A part of me kept telling me that I should have never made it this far because this is not the old version of her—the version I'm in love with—but a new one that isn't aware of any of my true feelings. A new her that I don't even know.

However, my conscience couldn't cover up the joy and happiness that I felt and still feeling. I believed that the person I love is inside of her and will bloom out soon. I believed that what happened now is just a step closer to bringing her back.

I didn't notice that I was zoned out in the middle of the hallway until after a few minutes. I shook my head, walked towards my dorm and opened the door, yet that was when I caught two people making themselves comfortable inside. And when they saw it, their eyes instantly snapped at me.

"Well, well, well," Luke instantly smirked at the sight of me. He was sitting on a chair with his legs raised on the table. "Mr drag-us-all-to-the-mud is finally home!"

I rolled my eyes as I enter and close the door. You could figure that I forced my smile away quickly. The last thing I want is for them to ruin it.

"Where were you, huh?" he asked mockingly. "Causing more trouble? Breaking more rules? Are we going down too?"

I looked at him blankly. "No one told you to fight," I reminded him while I head to my bed and throw my backpack.

He scoffed. "As if you can handle all of them by yourself…"

"What's with the bag?" Joshua gave me a confused look. He was sitting by the edge of the bed.

I shrugged. But before I could reply, he continued inspecting my face. "And why are you so flushed?" he asked with surprise.