4| Satan would be jealous

M I A

M I A

"Mrs Andrea?" I mumbled loudly as I knocked on the wooden door, hearing my voice echo around the empty lobby.

A few seconds passed as I got no reply. When I was about to knock again, a faint voice finally responded from the other side.

"Come in!" I heard her voice instruct, which made me comply instantly.

I entered the room and closed the door behind me, finding Mrs Andrea drowning behind her desk that was covered with files and papers. Her head was so focused on a piece of paper that she was scribbling over messily and quickly, that she didn't even spare a moment to look up at me.

"Good morning Mrs Andrea," I greeted loud and purposefully to gain her attention.

She looked over her specs and examined me for a second before she sat up straight with a bright smile. "Ah! Good morning to you too, Ms Smith," she replied whilst taking off her specs. "Slept well?"

My thoughts instantly went back to yesterday when I had gotten into my room and tried my new bed. I had rested my eyes for a few moments and when I opened them again, it was 6 in the morning!

12 hours of sleep had felt like a second...

However, I actually felt energetic for the first time since I woke up from my coma. Maybe it's because today is a big day, or because I was starting my life on a new page. Either way, I was determined to follow out on Charlotte's advice.

I was also starving. I missed dinner last night and this was the main reason why I had gotten up and got dressed quickly before heading out to find the cafeteria. But then I remembered that I had to visit Mrs Andrea first...

"Yes, the room is very comfortable, thank you." I nodded my head politely.

"I'm glad to hear that." she smiled. "So tell me, how can I help you?"

"I'm here for my schedule and locker combination as you had promised."

"Ah, yes!" she roused onto her feet before walking over to a storage cabinet nearby. Once she had found the right drawer, she started searching through the files.

It took her a few minutes to find it, and whilst she searched for it, I took the opportunity to scan the room.

Just like any ordinary office, it was painted a golden-brown shade whilst brownish-black furniture had filled the space. A big rectangular table placed with three chairs around it and a sofa sharing the same colour was situated on the other side of the room.

Opposite to it was long vertical cabinets lined up against the wall next to a glass closet that was filled with trophies, medals and framed certificates.

I took a few steps across the room towards the glass closet, and I noticed some framed pictures of a young version of Mrs Andrea, who was shaking hands with what seemed like important and sophisticated people. Others had normal-looking people whom I think were her family members.