Chapter Thirteen

Chowing down on a bowl of cereal with her head bent far down, Avery avoided eye contact with the woman who quietly sat across from her.

Every once in a while she'd slip a glance at the woman who looked incredibly polished for the day to see that she was gracefully drinking a cup of coffee, flicking through a newspaper. The several glances the woman made every few minutes or so told Avery that she was aware of her gaze but chose not to address it. She figured the woman realized she wasn't much of a talker and needed a few hours to adjust to the new day.

Truly the girl was mostly unable to fathom the sinful way she conducted herself just that last night. She did things with a woman, and one who was old enough to be her mother, shouldn't she have felt guilt or repentant over the act? Somehow she felt like it was natural; it did feel natural.

Avery never thought about her sexuality much, she never placed a label on what she felt for people. So to her what happened between them was the most naturally occurring thing that could happen but the only reason she felt a certain way was because she never expected it to happen so soon. Technically she wasn't upset but intrigued.

Marilyn in her quietude questioned the emotions she felt towards Avery. Recently she'd come to accept that it was alright to feel things and not let the past consume her just because of a mistake. She had chastised herself long enough over the John and Belle incident now it was time for her to get over the one thing that kept her down for weeks. In her sight, Avery came at the perfect time. She was like a blooming flower that Marilyn stared into, teaching her the fundamentals she seemed to forget; starting over wasn't wrong but just arduous sometimes.

Clearing her throat, Marilyn looked across to see a freckled face staring back at her.

"What would you like to do today?" She asked and the girl shrugged.

"Anything I guess, I don't have work until tomorrow,"

"Wanna have a lazy day then, we could swim in the pool and just relax?"

"I'd like that, a lot."

"Oh and take the day off tomorrow too, you deserve it."

"I-"

Avery realized it would be futile arguing with the woman, she seemed to dare her to though and it was more than enough reason to infer that she shouldn't.

"Is it so that we could continue to do the things we did last night?" Avery asked with crimson cheeks and the woman laughed heartily.

"If that's what you want, yes. Or we can do better than last."

"Will you use some of your other toys?"

"If it pleases you,"

Avery grinned, "Then yes, I'll take the day."

Excitement permeates and the girl blushed the entire morning. She couldn't wait to spend a few days with Marilyn.