Chapter Seventeen

"Come here," Marilyn hummed, hugging the girl to her body the minute she climbed into her bed. She had no idea why she gave her an entire room for herself when she was in hers and slept in her bed most of her stay. She and Avery being too horny fucks was certainly why the girl rarely occupied the guest room.

"I like your cute shorts," the woman says once the girl snuggled up against her.

"Thanks,"

"You'll look better without them though, don't you think?"

"Horndog,"

The woman laughed. It was the truth but she wasn't a horndog for just anyone.

Quietness quickly spreads between the two and a thought pops up within the woman's head. How crazy would it be if they were to be like that permanently? She and Avery got along perfectly, the girl was just the right person to match her personality and traits.

"How would you feel about moving in?" Marilyn asked without a warning and the girl jumped from her embrace.

"Huh?"

"I'm serious, how would you feel about moving in with me? I have this whole place to myself and well sometimes it gets lonely,"

"You'd want that?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, it seems a little soon?" The girl was uncertain. She didn't want to say the wrong things to upset Marilyn.

"We've already done the things people would say needed appropriate timing. Who are we trying to impress?"

"No one?" The girl made a face.

"Exactly plus think of it as a way for you to save. You won't have any rent to pay, you can work if you want and then come home to me. And speaking of, I have a friend that would love you as an assistant. She's really sweet and I just know you'll get along perfectly. I could talk to her if you want."

"You.. would do that?"

"Help you get yourself together? Yes, I would. You deserve it, Aves. You're a smart girl with so much potential and I'd love to see you excel whether you're around me or not."

"That's sweet Marilyn," the girl hugged her close, resting her head against her chest.

If only she knew the woman contemplates. Once you found a good thing and you knew it was a good thing, do whatever was possible to keep it close. Avery was her blooming flower, one that brought a ray of sunshine into her life. One that opened up to reveal good things often waited for you at the end of awful beginnings.

Reciprocating the cuddles the girl inundated her with, Marilyn kissed her forehead, promising to do things differently this time around.