Chapter Twenty-Four

"Good morning sweetheart," a quiet voice spoke the woman turns around to find a tender smile, being tossed her way.

"Good morning.." Marilyn reciprocates, grinning at the blushing girl. Placing the spatula she'd been using to flip her pancakes with down onto the counter, the woman cupped the girl's warm face and kissed her against the nose.

Avery closed her eyes upon the contact and only reopened when they were no longer touching.
Placing several smaller pecks onto her cheeks, the girl giggled. Encircling her arms around the girl's waist Marilyn inhaled her scent, that of strawberries and her naturalness and exhaled loudly. She pulled her away so that she could've locked eyes with her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked and the girl blushed.

"Exhausted. My joints hurt."

Marilyn chuckled, turning back her attention to the pancakes on the fire. She knew exactly why Avery ached but she wasn't going to say anything. She didn't want to tease her about it so other than to make her feel off, the woman switched the conversation.

"Do you like shopping because it's what I have planned for us today?"

"Really?" She asked, a little twinkle in her eyes.
"What are we going shopping for?"

"Anything that you want, but I have a few things I wanna get you,"

"Okay."

"Then I have another surprise,"

"A surprise?"

"Yeah. We're gonna spend the day in the park."

"I haven't been to the park in ages," she said, taking a seat. And Marilyn thought how crazy it was that Avery hardly went to basic places. She understood introverts existed but sometimes it was hard to fathom that people lived their lives willfully secluding themselves from the world. Though it was crazy, it was also beautiful especially nature.

"Well, all of that will change slowly over time. We'll go to places and functions together and you're going to have fun. Just as long as you want too."

"Okay," Avery said taking a seat at the counter. The entire time Marilyn shuffled around the kitchen.