twelve

max

harvey and i walk up the street to our house after school. it was still extremely wintery out so we had to dress in our heavy coats to stay warm. i was getting sick of it, but england always had some breeze going on so you had no choice to wear some type of jacket. we were almost at the house when harvey stoped dead in his tracks. i looked back at him kind of concerned and confused as to why he stopped so abruptly.
"what?" i ask
he closes his eyes and sighs heavily
"what??" i ask again
"i forgot about this thing i had with aislinn, don't wait up for me, tell mom i'll be home later." harvey says and begins to hurry off back the other way
"where are you going?" i call out to him
"school! i'm supposed to do it there with her!" he calls back
i watch as he runs back in the direction of the school and roll my eyes. i continue the journey back home by myself.
i begin to think how it's been about 3 weeks since i've received any letters from ophelia. i don't check her instagram often so i don't really know what's going on in her life.
the house comes into view and i break into a run because it was getting colder out. as i neared closer i slowed down so i wouldn't slip or i wouldn't get yelled at one of the old ladies who lives across the street from us. she hates when we run so we always have to walk around here.
i made a quick stop at the mailbox to see if there was any mail. a lot of junk came out and an oh so familiar envelope was buried at the bottom of the pile. i smile to myself and stuff it into my coat pocket before hurrying inside.
"i'm home!" i call when i enter
"okay!" mom calls from the other room
i kick my shoes off and hang up my coat. i didn't know where to put the envelope without mom seeing it so i decided to just stick it down my pants waistband and cover it with my shirt.
"here's the mail." i say and put it on the countertop
"where's harvey?" mom asks when she looks up
"he had a thing with aislinn at school." i say
she nods
"i'll be upstairs." i say
"okay, oh i need you to pick up tilly from her friends house in an hour. she's just down the street." mom says
"okay." i say
i take an apple from the bowl and hurry up the stairs to our room. i gently close the door and pull the envelope out. it smelled like roses and some of my cologne since it was in my waistband.
i rip open the envelope and pull out the paper. it was this nice light shade of green this time.

max

i'm actually glad you found my instagram
or that you even had the courage to look at it
i truly do miss the old times and i wish i could take back everything
i've said it before but i really mean every word
i wish we could see each other sometime but i know that's sort of impossible
i miss you and i love you
write me back sometime ;)

-ophelia

i smile at the letter. it's bitter sweet whenever i see her face because i always remember why i liked her in the first place. i didn't need to keep searching for her address because her p.o. box is on her instagram. i hoped she would get it because i didn't know how often she opened her p.o. box letters.
i carefully placed the letter into the oh so special box and dug out some paper of my own. i was going to write her back and actually send the letter. i had written some letters before but i was unsure about sending them to her, but this one is for sure. there's so much to talk about i didn't really know where to start.

things will be changing soon for max and ophelia ;)
what do you think will happen?
vote, comment, and share! :)