fourteen

max

i propped my phone up on my desk using a book and a water bottle to keep it in place. i clicked into instagram and went into the live setting. i pushed start live and sat back in my chair. as soon as it started 10 people already have joined.
"hey guys, it's max. harvey has been away at a camp for a week so it's just me. but he's coming home tonight." i say and smile
i watch as people start asking where the camp is and why i'm not with him.
"i'm not with harvey because i'm kind of sick and i didn't want to get other people sick." i say
it was true, i was a little sick but i was hoping it would blow over soon. the fans start saying feel better and i smile. i grab my ukulele from below my desk and start strumming around to kill the silence in the room. i wasn't too good at doing live streams without harvey but i tried to make the best of it.
something popped up on the screen that caught my eye. officiallyophelia has joined the live. i smile a little. i watch as people notice and start saying that she joined and that some of them know her and remember that she guested me in her live a few weeks ago.
"should we guest ophelia?" i ask
there's a lot of yeses so i go ahead and guest her. the screen splits into two with me on the top and ophelia appears on the bottom.
"hey.." i say as i feel my cheeks turn a bit of pink
i could allow myself to blush because harvey wasn't here and putting this pressure i felt whenever he was in the room and i was talking about ophelia.
her hair has become lighter and i'm guessing she dyed it or something, or added some color to it.
"hey max, no harvey?" she asks getting closer to the screen
"no, he's away at camp. home tonight though." i say
"aw really? why aren't you there?" she asks
"read the comments." i say and laugh
she scrolls through the comments and then nods and leans back in her chair
"ahh i see. i hope you feel better." she says
"thanks, i hope i feel better too." i say
i glance down at the comments and notice people are saying we should sing together or sing a song right now.
"you want us to sing something?" i ask
the fans comment yes
"ophelia?" i look at her screen and she nods
"okay, what song?" i ask
"location." she says
"okay." i say
i get my ukulele ready and then nod to ophelia. she nods saying she's ready. i've never sung with her before because i didn't know she could sing until that livestream.
(max)
"send me your location
let's, focus on communication' cause i just need the time and place to come through"
(ophelia)
"a place to come throughhh.."
her voice was absolutely beautiful. it was soft and flowed perfectly.
(max)
"send me, your location"
(both)
"let's riiidddeee the vibrations,
i don't need nothing else but youu"
(ophelia)
"i don't need, nothing else but.."
as we sang the song, i realized how much our voices harmonized almost perfectly without practice. whenever i did see her again, we were definitely filming this for youtube. when we finished the comments rushed in on how beautiful we sounded and how amazing that was and that the fans wanted more.
"haha thanks guys. maybe soon.." i say and smile
"definitely again." ophelia says
someone knocked on my door and suddenly the door opened and my mom walked in with a laundry basket. she smiled at me but it slowly faded when she looked closer to see who was on the screen.

mama mills is on the prowl😂
what's going to happen to max?
vote, comment, share! :)
p.s. i'm back from camp so more updates coming soon! :P