twenty seven

ophelia

i came downstairs with my last bag and placed it next to mom's. she appeared from the kitchen with her purse and keys in hand.
"ready?" she asks
i nod
"okay, well we have to be at the airport soon." she says and motions for me to start carrying my bags to the car
it was finally time to see max and harvey again. after two years of not seeing each other. i was beyond excited.
it was like we were gonna pick up right where we left off.
i was going to la with them for vidcon that year and then we were gonna stay there for a week to sight see.
but unfortunately all of that fell apart after the incident and we never talked after that.
i loaded my things into my car with mom right behind me. i climbed into the passengers seat and mom started the car.
"la here we come." she says and smiles
i smile back and we pull out of the driveway.

after we got everything checked in we went up to our gate and waited. we had two hours until we were supposed to board.
"are you nervous?" she asks
i shrug
"a little." i say
she nods
"i'm sure you two will click back into things like nothing ever happened." she says
"i hope so." i say
she gives me a light smile before going back to her book. tomorrow. it's all gonna happen tomorrow.
the plane ride was pretty boring. my mom fell asleep while i just stared out the window listening to music.
la was pretty warm, maybe warmer than georgia, but we did live by the coast after all so i couldn't tell.
"okay, let's get our bags and then find an uber to take us to our hotel." mom says
i nod.
we easily find our bags and mom searches for an uber for us.
la was pretty much how i imagined it two years ago. warm, palm trees everywhere, really busy, but really pretty and lots of sights to see.
our hotel looked over a part of the city so you could look down at all the people going by which was pretty cool.
i pulled my phone out to call max.
"hello?" he answers
"hi." i say
"hey. are you here?" he asks
"yeah we just got in." i say
"awesome." he says
"i can't wait to see you." i say
"i know me too. tomorrow." he says
"tomorrow." i say and smile
it was all gonna happen, the moment i've been waiting for since i mailed him that letter for his 16th birthday.

hopefully this isn't too time jumpy
but guess who's reuniting soon!
get ready!
vote, comment, and share!