thirty four

ophelia

i picked at my finger nails while sitting on my bed when i heard a knock at the hotel room door. i glanced up at the door, figuring it was max and harvey told him about our conversation. i stared at the door for a moment, debating if i should open it because i didn't really wanna deal with it at the moment but i knew i had to at some point.

there was another knock at the door and i let out a small sigh. i slowly stood up and trailed towards the door. i checked them peep hole to make sure it actually was max and sure enough, he was standing in front of the door twiddling with his fingers.

"come on ophelia, i know you're in there." i heard max say and i rolled my eyes at that. i leaned against the door, staring at the handle still debating on opening it.

"i just wanna talk. harvey told me that you saw.." max trails off and i frown.

"i don't really wanna talk right now.." i say and i hear max scoff from the other side.

"please? just like five minutes." he says

"four." i say

"deal." i slowly open the door and max stands there with a small frown. i open it further so he could come in. he turns and i glance down at the ground to avoid eye contact.

"how long?" i ask still not meeting his eyes

"a few weeks." he says and i slowly nod. it hurt a little but who was i to really say? we weren't together and we never made any moves to really get together so it wasn't like he couldn't be talking to other people.

"i'm just confused. i don't know, it's stupid and i should have told you. that was a real shitty way for you to find out and i'm sorry." max says and i finally meet his eyes. i shake my head.

"no, it's not your fault. you're allowed to talk to other people because we aren't even together. i should have have assumed like that." i say and he shakes his head

"no, i should have told you." he says and it falls silent for a few moments.

"do you like her?" i ask and i watch as he shrugs slightly

"i don't know. kind of? but not really if that makes sense." he says

"you do what you want. i want you to be happy and if it's with that girl then i'm okay with it. i mean we only started being friends a few months ago and i think..i think we both just need some more time." i say and max slowly nods

"yeah. yeah. but really, i am glad we're friends again." he says and i smile slightly

"yeah me too. i guess it's a good thing i took a chance and wrote you that letter." i say and he chuckles

"yeah i guess so." he says and i open my arms for a hug. we hug each other tightly and i press a quick kiss to his cheek.

"now i think you have like a show to do? so you better get out there." i say and he chuckled with a nod.

"yeah, i better. see you there?" he asks and i nod

"definitely." i say and he gives me a small smile before opening the door again and leaving. sure, maybe that could have gone a different way but i really did think we maybe needed more time before we tried being together again. and i want him happy and if that girl makes him happy, then so be it. i smile to myself slightly before trailing back to the bed to rest for a little while long before going down to the main stage for their show.

okay so y'all prolly thought that was gonna do a different direction but SIKE. hahaha
ummm but yeah what do you think is gonna happen next?
(p.s. don't worry this story isn't over yet)
vote comment and share :)