thirty two

ophelia

i smiled as a few younger girls waved at me who must've have recognized me from my instagram lives. it was a little weird to think that people actually knew who i was and were fans but it was cute. i pushed my way through some of the crowd to get a good spot for max and harvey's panel. they were doing a panel this afternoon and then later tonight they were going to be on a different stage to sing. i was excited to see what they were going to be singing because neither max or harvey would tell me. they claimed it was going to be a surprise.
i found a good stop by the front and i talked with a few of the girls already there. they were extremely nice and told me how big of fans they were of the boys.
i loved how many fans they had and how sweet they were. as i was talking though, i saw two figures catch my eye at the side of the stage. i raised my eyebrow slightly and leaned forward to get a better look.
my eyes widened at what i saw. it was max with another girl who i didn't recognize. maybe they were just friends or he was talking to a fan but she seemed a little too close for comfort.
but i didn't really have a say in that because it wasn't like max and i were dating. we were just talking but i guess i thought that meant something.
i watched as they hugged but i certainly wasn't prepared for what came next. they kissed, right on the lips. my jaw dropped slightly and a small part of me crumbled.
i suddenly felt sick to my stomach and extremely light headed so i pushed my way through the crowd of people again and into the open to get some air.
"ophelia? what are you doing?" i looked over at the sound of max's voice and he looked concerned but i shook my head.
"i'm fine. i have to go." i say quickly not wanting to look at him after knowing he just kissed a girl that wasn't me.
"aren't you going to stay for the panel? it's starting soon?" he says
i shake my head
"i can't. sorry. i have something else to do." i lie and hurry away before he can utter another word.
i shouldn't be jealous, max and i weren't even a thing, but i am. and i shouldn't be. i guess i should have known we couldn't be anything more than friends. i mean after everything i did to him it makes sense.

i spent the rest of the day trying my hardest to avoid max. it worked pretty well since he was caught up in the panel and fan meet and greets so it was easy to avoid him.
but unfortunately, i wasn't as sneaky as i thought i was and i ended up running into him in our hotel dining room.
"ophelia." i look up and i see max standing above me
"where have you been? i've been looking all over for you. are you alright?" he asks
i bite my lip debating if i should answer or not.
"yeah, i'm fine." i lie not wanting to tell him the truth
"why don't i believe that?" he says with crossed arms and i just shrug
"i don't know. i have to go. i have to meet some girls, they're waiting for me." i say getting up but max grabs my arm to stop me which startles me a little.
"you've been avoiding me all day. what's wrong??" he asks and i just shake my head.
"bye." i say and pull my arm from his grip
i walk out of the dining hall without another word.

♪  ♫  ♩
we love some angst
um so yeah what do you think is gonna happen next? will ophelia avoid max for the rest of vidcon or will they make up?
vote, comment, and share!