Lingering regrets

*Elisa's POV*

When I woke up I saw that everyone was already getting ready for the mission today, so I just re-bandaged my arm like the nurse told me, and put my new short sleeved white button up shirt, and new jacket, which I got because my old ones were torn up and covered in blood. My left arm is easier to move now that I had some time to move it around, and the nurse gave me some medicine that would make the pain go away temporarily.

I pulled my just past the hip thick black hair in to a high ponytail, then proceeded to put it into a loosed braid, tying it off with a black piece of string. After that, I put on my dads necklace, tucking it into my shirt so it wouldn't get caught or smack me in the face. I tightened my body strap and made sure everything was together properly, checking my new manoeuvre gear to see if everything worked.

"Morning," I said to Marco as I walked into the dining hall for breakfast.

"How's your arm?" He asked me, sounding quite concerned.

"My arm is just fine. Are you ready for today?" I asked him.

"I kinda have to be now don't I?" He laughed, making me laugh along with him.

"Yeah, I guess. I just hope my stitches don't break or anything like that," I sighed, looking towards the entrance of the hall to see people leaving to get to the meeting place.

"They won't, and if they do I'll make sure you make it back alive," he assured me, patting my back.

*Time jump, on top of the wall*

We've been standing on top of this wall for a while, and we haven't heard anything from the team who was helping Eren. I was put at the top, unlike Marco who was down below, hanging off of the wall, and I was surrounded by the higher ups, which made me nervous, but they were there to make sure I didn't pass out and fall down to the ground below.

"How are you doing Deraener?" The Captain who introduced herself as Hanji asked.

"I'm doing fine ma'am," I responded, making her nod.

'I wish they didn't baby me. Why are even babying me anyways? I'm only a cadet who just graduated,' I wondered, looking down at the titans below, since I was on the edge.

"Stay back Cadet," Another higher up put their hand on my left shoulder and pulled me away from the edge.

"Yes sir," I sighed, wanting to just go down there and finish the mission.

"There's yellow smoke! Something happened!" I looked up to see a column of smoke coming from the other side of the district.

"Do you know what happened?!" Someone asked from behind me.

"No, but something went wrong that's for sure," Another person behind me responded.

"C'mon Eren, don't fail now," I said quietly, staring towards the distance.

"What was that Deraener?" Hanji asked me.

"Nothing ma'am," I shook my head, but looked below when I heard someone shout.

"Where are you going Armin?!" One of the cadets hanging off the side of the walk shouted at him.

"I'm going to see what happened!" He shouted back.