Sleep

*Elisa's POV*

The titan kept getting closer and closer until I could make out some of its features. It had pale blonde hair that went down to its shoulders, and it had no skin on it, just muscle. As it got closer I realized that it was a she, and I'm not going to tell you how I figured it out, but you could guess how.

"Hanji! That's not a regular titan!" One of the people to my right called out.

"I can tell!" Hanji responded.

"It's female too!" I shouted out to her, my voice wavering a bit, I was getting pretty nervous.

We watched the female titan get closer and closer, until it was almost on top of us. The titan took a few steps, brought her leg back, and it came swinging forward.

"Elisa! Get out of there!" Someone shouted behind me, and I tried to get my horse to turn around, but we were going a bit too fast.

"Jump!" A different person shouted, and I tried to get myself free from the stirrups, but I just couldn't seem to do it.

Just as I had one foot free I felt something come into contact with my right ankle, and then the force traveled upwards as I felt myself get flung fifty feet into the air, I couldn't even scream, when I looked down I saw the titan move away from my squad, and I saw other squads too. In the distance I spotted a row of old houses, and I decided that I should at least try to soften the fall, thankful that my gear was still somewhat attached I aimed toward a tower and fired the chords, which hooked onto the upper part of the structure. I started to get closer to the tower, and I let go of it aiming higher, and as I did that I came into contact with a roof, smashing the tiles, and I slid down towards the overgrown cobblestone path about ten feet below me.

When I landed, I heard a crunch from my chest, meaning that I must've broken at least two ribs, I tried to move my arms and legs, but they only twitched. I tasted metal in my mouth and I spit it out, and nothing but blood came out.

I laid there for hours, fading in and out of consciousness, watching the clouds roll by and hoping that someone would come soon, but no one did. I felt my eyelids get heavy and start to droop, I could barely keep them open at this point, my vision was blurring and I could see colourful spots dancing around. It was scary knowing that you might die alone, no one there to comfort you in your last few minutes.

"Elisa!" I heard a faint voice call out. "Elisa please be alive!" I heard the same person call out.

"Hey wait!" I heard a different persons voice.

'Please come here, I don't want die alone,' I thought to myself, pleading for the two figures to hurry up.

"-an come on!" One of the people called out a name but I didn't hear it.

"I can't wait! What if she's still alive?!" The other person got closer, so I could make out some of their features.

The person closest to me was a boy, about my age, and he had hair that was two colours. He crouched in front of me, a worried look in his brown eyes.

'Jean,' I thought to myself, feeling my eyes water slightly.

"If you can hear me blink twice," Jean instructed me, and I did, careful not to close my eyes for too long.

"Sasha! She alive!" Jean called out the the other person.

"Really?!" She said excitedly, coming up to me.

"He-lp... m-e," I spoke, my voice barely coming out.

"Help's coming!" Sasha shouted.

"I-t hu-rt-s," I told Jean, who looked at me with so much sadness in his eyes.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe soon," He picked up my head carefully and put it in his lap.

"D-do-n't le-let me di-e," I told him, feeling tears in my eyes.

"I won't let you die," He comforted me, until I felt my eye lids become too heavy to keep open.

I closed my eyes, but I didn't feel any lighter, I just closed them and greeted the black abyss of sleep.