( xii.) sounds perfect

FOR YOU ;
( xii.) sounds perfect
( real life )

" ITS SO COLD! " whined a very cold and exhausted river as she shivered in her damp clothes.

hunter let out a loud chuckle , watching as the girl shivered in her clothes, " ha — i'm sorry i'm sorry , " he continued to laugh lightly , now bending over to catch a breath, " this is too funny. "

river gave him a glare , gripping her towel out of anger at hunters reaction. she quickly slid over to the boy and kicked him in the ankle, " stop being mean! "

" i can't believe you actually fell into the small kiddy pool ! " kora teased , holding back her laughter . not wanting to face the same consequences that hunter had after having his little giggle fest.

river huddled for warmth in her small towel the casting director gave her . in the scene she filmed , she had fallen into the sea , or what the cast saw , a tiny little kiddy pool , after falling off the side of a mountain.

a friendly voice quickly caught the girls ear, causing a small but bright smile to appear on the girls face, " river! "

turning to her surprise, she caught a glimpse of one of her best friends on sets , the one and only louis hynes.

" hey lou ! " the girl said offering him a warm smile , surprising to louis to the looks as she was shivering.

" so , i thought today we could finally name a star! i found a legit website and everything! they even said we could order a star that would be in orbit soon ! " the boy rambled , river admired the way louis was so into helping river with this list , she had never had anyone commit something this small , even tommy,
" river? " she finally heard , snapping out of the somewhat trance she had been in.

" sorry sorry , i was listening. go on. " she said , watching the way the boy talked so interestingly about the stars , making river swoon for the boy more than she already had .

river montgomery had never imagined that she would ever be able to claim a star as her own. even as a child she admired the night sky and watched every star twinkle in its own personal space . none of them were forced to be brighter than the others , none of them were forced together , and none of them were forced to burn out. all they were forced to do , was be themselves in their own way. she missed looking up at the stars , it made her feel warm and safe , wishing she could be a bright shimmering star, not forced to be anything she has to be .

louis quickly hopped onto his computer , his eye following the mouse of the screen of the monitor. looking back to see river staring out the window , gazing at the dark black night with the spots of bright light. gazing at the girl himself, her long brunette hair along with the stunning eyes he admired so much , snapping out of his trance, he blurted, " i see you like star gazing. "

rivers head jolted her attention back to the boy in the chair,
" that's one way to put it. " she said , resting her head on the forearm and looking back once more, " it's like a sight for sore eyes. ya know? " she asked, " they don't have to be anything but their beautiful selves. " she said continuing to stare at the stars.

the boys smile grew wider, eyeing the girl as he watched her admire the stars. which he thought was the most adorable thing imaginable. directing his attention back to the screen , he looked up the website where river and him would be able to name a star.

feeling a place of soft hands atop of his head he heard a voice from above him, " got the website up i see. " she chuckled.

" yeah yeah , the website seems really legit, and even better cheap. " louis jokes , scrolling down the website.

" so , one star is thirty
bucks?! " she paused, " that's a lot of money. "

" oh come on. " louis shrugged,
" that's nothing compared to my net worth. "

looking at the website became more than just looking for a star go name. it became a moment where both river and louis realized they would always be their for each other. a moment of realization that would later make their bond more strong then they would ever think.

" what's a binary star? " louis questioned , looking up at the girl, his eyes staring into her deep blue ones.

her face lit up, almost causing louis to melt, " they are among the most rare types of stars! they are two stars that orbit each other! like two peas in a pod, they always have each other's backs almost. "

louis diverted his attention back to the bright screen " looks like that's what we are getting. "

" that's really expensive lou , are you sure? " river asked , she did not want to make the boy spend all this money on her , leg alone some dumb list she made up at 2 am.

" what are we naming our stars? "

river looked up , thinking to herself. did she wanna name it after her mom , dad , sister , best friend, boyfriend? thinking through all the names , none of them quite stuck in her mind. until one little one came to her , and a giant smile came to her face, " louis. " she said simply.

hearing the words come out of rivers mouth , made louis heart skip a beat, " you wanna name your star after me? "

" why wouldn't i ? " river said,
" you've been doing all this nice stuff for me , it's the least i can do for you.

" well , i'm gonna name my star , river then. " louis said , typing into the computer.

" two halves of a whole. " river smiled.

" two people , who will orbit around each other for eternity. " louis grinned.

" until they burn out. "

he rolled his eyes playfully,
" had to ruin the moment didn't ya? " watching the girl give him a nod, " let me rephrase then, " he said pausing, " two stars , that will have each other's backs, until the end. "

" sounds perfect louis. "

" i'm glad you think so river. "

a / n ;
hi welcome back to me writing a chapter last minute before it's been two weeks since i've
updated 🤪🤩😔