( xxii.) you love me

FOR YOU ;
( xxii.) you love me
( real life )

"OW!" cried louis.

river sighed to her disbelief as she watched louis wince in pain as she wiped the small cuts across the boys face, she gave the boy a half smile, "I'm sorry." She spoke quietly as she wiped another line of blood off his face.

"What's there to be sorry for? You didn't do anything." he shook his head as he spoke to the girl.

"I'm hurting you."

"You're helping me." He looked in the girls eyes, giving her a serious look to indicate he was being honest with her, he watched her nod her head slightly, wiping the towel on his face again, "If anything, I ruined your party." He looked down, louis had been disappointed in himself for acting that way in front of al the young girls friends and family, he was ashamed and embarrassed for the way he acted in front of the crowd, all he could do was think to apologize, "I'm really sorry riv."

"don't apologize."

"But that's all I can do to make it up to you for ruining your party." his head hung low, his eyes staring down at his lap, not daring to look up at the girl, "So much for a happy birthday." he shrugged with a low chuckle.

river took her hand away from the boys face, staring at him for what felt like eternity, she placed the blood soaked towel to the side and grabbed the sides of louis face, moving his face to aline with hers, "Look at me when I say this." She spoke sternly, the two looked into each others eyes, "You didn't ruin my party. You knew I never wanted it in the first place." She chuckled, her tone now becoming more lighthearted as she spoke, "I'm not the loud extravagant party girl."

Louis nodded at the girls remark, showing he had agreed, "I realized a little too late, I should've known better." His breath hitched as he looked down at his lap the back up at the girl, "I just thought, it was your sixteenth, so I had to go big or go home. you know?"

"I understand lou, it's fine. I apricate the efforts more than I can put into words." Her smile was now ear to ear as she spoke, her sternly efforts put to rest as she continued to talk, "This was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me."

louis laughed as he listened to river, "even after all this, you still can't be mad at me?"

"I could never ever be mad at you."

"Even if I murdered your dog?"

River gasped, "Put your hands on Valerie and you're a dead man!" She joked with a chuckling, poking her finger in the boys chest.

the british boy laughed softly, staring at the giggling girl, he felt reassured that the girl was holding back no grudge but still couldn't help but feel horrible, "I still feel bad."

"Why Lou?" She asked, "I just told you its fine."

"I don't know! I just feel bad Riv." He spoke, throwing his hands into his lap. The boy looked around at the backyard, looking around at the neon lit up surroundings, "All these glow sticks are gonna go to waste."