Chapter 18

Marinette woke up the next day happy. Things with Chat were now fixed and she was going to spend time with him later that day.

Her phone started ringing. She picked it up and saw it was Alya. She groaned slightly. It's too early for this. She checked the time on her phone and saw it was past noon. Oh.

"Hey girl!"

"Hey Alya."

"So? Details!"

"Nothing happened Alya, if that's what you're thinking."

"Damn, I thought you'd get some action..."

"Alya!!!" Marinette felt her face get red. Alya laughed, knowing her friend's reaction.

"So are you a couple or not?! You seriously can't tell me you guys aren't! I mean, you two got André's ice cream together! And you know what that means."

"I don't know, Alya. We haven't talked about that."

"Well do you see him today?"

"Yes"

"Ask him today then!"

"I'm not sure, Alya..."

"My mom's calling me, I gotta go. But you better ask him! Bye!" She hanged up before Marinette could reply and she groaned. She put her phone down and got up. She got dressed and went downstairs to help out in the bakery.

She worked the rest of the day and then went back upstairs to her room. She sat down on her desk and opened her sketchbook. She worked on designs for a while before hearing knocking on her window.

She got up and smiled. She went over and opened the window, letting Chat in. "Hello Princess," he said giving her a hug. "Hey Kitty," she hugged back.

Much like the previous night, they sat together in silence, enjoying each other's company. No words needed to be said. Marinette doodled in the sketchbook while Chat played with her hair.

Alya's words kept going through Marinette's mind. What were they? Were they a couple? Friends with benefits? She contemplated asking him. It wouldn't be a bad thing.

Before she could open her mouth they heard people screaming from a distance. They both mentally groaned. They both wanted to stay with each other longer. "I have to go, princess. Duty calls, stay safe," he said getting up and giving her a kiss on the cheek. She blushed and uttered a quiet goodbye.

She waited for him to be a good distance away and transformed. She made her way over to where the screams originated from and saw a girl standing atop the Eiffel Tower.

Her blond hair was pulled back neatly into a perfect bun and she was wearing a white suit. She stood out in the afternoon sky.

In her hands was a big bow. She had a sleek black case filled with arrows on one shoulder. There were three types of arrows inside. Bronze arrows with pastel pink tips. Deep gold arrows with dark, blood red tips. And lastly, sleek black arrows.

She turned to look at Ladybug, her forest green eyes filled with anger and sadness.

"Je suis Kiupita!"

"Kiupita? That's such a purr-culiar name," Chat said standing a few feet away from Ladybug. Ladybug groaned and rolled her eyes. Kiupita turned to Chat and took a bronze arrow from her case. She pulled back and let the arrow fly over to him. "Chat!"

Ladybug jumped in front of him and the arrow hit her in the shoulder. She landed on the ground next to Chat with a loud thud. "Ladybug!" Chat helped her get up and steady herself. "Are you ok?" he asked. Ladybug nodded, she looked up at him and smiled. "I'm fine, now that I'm with you," she said hugging him.

Chat's eyes widened. Kiupita's eyes widened and she laughed, "That only would've worked if there were feelings! Looks like Ladybug already had some feelings for the cat!"

Chat looked down at Ladybug, shocked by Kiupita's words. Ladybug had some feelings for me?

"Now that she's out of the way..." Kiupita took a golden arrow from her case, "you're next. How about... burning flame?" She pulled back the string and shot the arrow at Chat. He pushed Ladybug away and dodged the arrow.

Shit. How am I going to get her out of this?

The second Ladybug got hit, all she could think about is how Chat was so perfect and how she loved him. She wanted to be near him as much as possible. She got up and walked over to him again. She clung to his arms and smiled. She felt lightheaded but she didn't care. She wanted to be next to Chat.

Chat blushed a little and didn't know what to do. His feelings were all messed up now. He loved Marinette, he knew that. But Ladybug had feelings for him and as much as he'd like to get over her, a part of him loved her still.

"Ladybug you need to snap out it!" Chat said pulling away. She pouted, "Why are you pulling away?"

"Because I love someone else," he said looking away, not wanting to see her reaction. He looked over to Kiupita to see she was gone. Fuck.

"I know you do, it's me," she responded. Chat turned to look at her, confused. "What?"

"It's me, Kitty. Marinette," she said wrapping her arms around his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~

The akumatized villain and their weapon is a reference to Cupid's Match : Cupid's Match Book 1

Y'all should check it out. It was one of the first few books I read on here and it's one of my favorites.

Bronze arrow - The Capax or Fool's Love
Golden arrow - The Ardor or The Burning Flame
Black arrow - The Cupids' Arrow