Chapter 20

"So?"

"So what?"

"Did you ask him?"

Marinette froze. She never did ask him. She was interrupted by Kiupita and then Chat finding out her identity made her forget everything else.

They both said they loved each other. That had to mean something.

Alya looked at her friend with a worried expression. "You don't have to listen to me, you know. If you two are taking it slow, then by all, means, go slow!" Alya smiled. Marinette laughed, "Thanks Alya."

Speaking of Chat. She didn't know his identity yet. He never told her and it was never brought up. She frowned. If she found out his civilian form and dated him, Alya would have her suspicions.

The rest of the class was no worries. They had all left her be a long time ago. Alya 'cleared' up things by saying that Chloe lied and it actually wasn't a hickey and the claw marks were actually scratches from when she fell on concrete. Adrien just stepped in to help her out and nothing actually happened between them. This also cleared up things with Adrien. The class all bought this and it never went out of the classroom. No one uttered another word about it. Everyone started talking to Adrien again.

They both walked in and sat down in their seats. "Do you know who he is?" Alya asked. Adrien, already in his seat, froze. Marinette shook her head and laughed, "No, and even if I did, I doubt he'd let me tell you!"

Alya grinned, "True, but hey, if you do find out, I promise I won't tell anyone!" Marinette sighed and rolled her eyes.

Adrien relaxed a little. He knew she was Ladybug, but she didn't know who he was under the mask. Should he tell her? Did she want him to tell her? Plagg said that Adrien messed with her feelings.

He had fixed things as Chat, but never as Adrien. Would she leave him? Did she want to fix things with Adrien?

He shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking so negatively. Marinette would never do that. He decided to try to fix things with her as Adrien. He would invite her to lunch.

When class ended Adrien turned to look at Marinette. "Hey, Mari, do you want to go out for lunch together?" he asked. Marinette froze. He hadn't talked to her properly since the whole ordeal.

Alya glared slightly at Adrien but Marinette placed her hand on hers to calm her down. She took a deep breath and smiled, "Sure, Adrien. I would love to."

"Can we join?" asked Nino. Things with Nino and Adrien had started to get better. Adrien and Nino had talked and he told Nino he had no intention of hurting Marinette. Nino explained to Alya and she started being less rude to him.

Adrien smiled, "Sure."

They all got up and headed out the classroom. Nino and Alya were holding hands and Adrien wanted to hold Marinette's. He knew he couldn't though. It would mess things up. She was in love with Chat. Not Adrien.

Marinette was surprised Adrien had asked her to go out to lunch. She was a little excited. Her feelings for him were fading but she was glad they could fix their friendship. It was something she cherished a lot.

They made their way over to a small restaurant and sat down in the patio. The weather was starting to feel cool and it was perfect for sitting outside.

They ordered their food and Alya went on about Kiupita. Nino listened while Mari and Adrien both drifted off. They both knew what happened. Hell, they knew more. No one knew of the power of the arrows so no one knew of Ladybug's feelings but Chat.

"So, Chat Noir..." Adrien started. Marinette quickly looked up at him, but he wasn't looking at her. "What?" she said quietly. "Anything actually happen with him?" he asked. Marinette tensed up a little and felt her face turn red. "N-no," she lied.

Adrien smiled. Marinette didn't notice. "Did he actually go visit you in your room?" he asked. Marinette opened her mouth and then closed it. She stayed quiet for a few more seconds before uttering a quiet yes.

He was about to ask her more questions when he got cut off by a lady yelling a few tables away.

"This is horrible! I expected better!" she yelled.

The waitress shook slightly, *"D-désolé madame, mais je ne peux-"

"I don't care!" the lady yelled. She got up and took a hold of her child's hand. "You can't do anything right!" With that she stormed off, leaving the poor waitress in tears.

Marinette and Adrien's eyes widened as an akuma came flying over to the crying waitress. "We need to leave. Now!" Marinette said getting up. As the akuma landed on the waitress, everyone who had noticed started running off. Nino grabbed Alya's hand and dragged her away, ignoring her complaints.

"Ungrateful! All of you!" screeched the waitress. Marinette, Adrien, and a few of the workers were still around.

The waitress started walking in the direction of the exit. Every step she took sent tables flying off.

Before Marinette could move, a table went flying in her direction. Adrien jumped in front of her but the table pushed both of them back. They were both pressed up against a wall. Marinette's back hit the wall hard but Adrien managed to grab her head before it hit the wall.

"Shit." Adrien muttered. They both began pushing the table back when something pushed it back into them.

"She's throwing more tables! How are we going to get out?!" Marinette said as she looked around. There was barely any space for them to move. The tables weren't squishing them but they surrounded them completely.

Transforming into Ladybug wouldn't help. She wouldn't be able to use her lucky charm. They needed Chat. "We need Chat Noir's cataclysm! But who knows when he'll show up! O-or if he'll even know we're here! We're so screwed."

"No we're no- "

"Yes we are, how will he know where we ar-"

"Plagg, claws out!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*"I'm s-sorry madam, but I can not-"