Stay Alive

"Your thoughts become your enemies,
When you're locked inside this cage,
Life can feel dead to me, And all that's left is rage, Regrets for all the time we wasted, Thinking of ourselves, Holding onto pain you tasted, Living in this hell. Don't wanna go back home tonight, So I drive this road alone. Stay alive for the good times, Stay alive through the bad, Stay alive for the hopes and the fears and the dreams, The best that we ever had, I keep telling myself I can take you, From this God-forsaken place, Stay alive for the good times, Stay alive through the bad." Stay Alive, Andy Black

Frank
"I dunno,"I said and started to cry again. "Frank, it's gonna be okay. You gotta calm down for me and keep me updated. We have to go to court this morning, don't tell her if you see her. I'll go and tell Brendon, we will be there as soon as possible,"he said. "I'm so sorry,"I sobbed. "No, you don't have anything to apologize for. You didn't do anything wrong. She's strong, she'll live,"he said. After a couple more minutes, we hung up. I checked my messages and found several worried ones from Jamia. The most recent was about ten minutes ago

Jamia: "Where are you? It's been hours, I'm worried. Message me back, dammit, Frank. You should've been here by now!"

Frank: "I'm okay. I'm at the hospital. I stuck around and ended up going in. I found Ryleigh almost dead in her bathroom. I'm not coming home, yet. I'll update you just don't bring the kids...."

I exited and watched the clock on the wall. I've been here for three hours now with no news. I leaned my head back against the wall and closed my eyes. I woke to a doctor shaking my shoulder. "Mr. Iero?"she asked. "That's me,"I nodded. "I'm Dr. Angeline Parker. You got Ryleigh here just in enough time. The great news is she's still alive. We had to transfuse three bags of blood into her system. She's still unconscious and we aren't sure when she is going to wake up but she's alive. She has a few broken ribs but we think that's the extent of major injuries. Is there anyone you can call to be here with you?"she said.

I shook my head no. "You can come back to see her now if you'd like,"she said. I stood. "She's on the third floor, room 322 B,"she said. I nodded and went to the elevator. It was silent as I rode up. It was almost five in the morning and I was exhausted. I checked my phone and found a message from Jamia.

Jamia: "OH MY GOD! I hope she's okay. I love you so much. How're you holding up?"

I closed my phone and stepped off into the corridor. I found her room and entered almost soundlessly through the sliding glass door. She looked like shit. There was an oxygen mask over the lower half of her face, an IV in her hand, and bandages on her wrists. She was paler than normal, no color was left in her cheeks besides a few bruises. Her eye was swelled shut. She looked more dead than alive. She took a beating. I flopped into the visitors chair next to her bed and grabbed her hand.

"Oh, Ryleigh. Why now? You should've called me and you could've been okay,"I whispered and started to cry. I held her hand and fell asleep with my head resting on the bed next to her side.

Gerard
I didn't go back to sleep. After everything Frank told me, I couldn't. I wanted to go be with them in New York but I had to tell Brendon. This wasn't supposed to happen. I quietly sat up on the edge of the bed and ran my hands through my hair. "Gee?"Lindsey asked. I looked over at her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you,"I said. "What's wrong?"she asked. "Frank called. Ryleigh tried to kill herself late last night. He found her. We go to court this morning,"I said. She put a hand over her mouth and turned to run a hand over my back in comfort.