ch.15

..."wait huh?" Corey said.

I smacked my lips. The baby's coming Corey.

He looked me up and down, no doubt speechless. "Oh, shit."

Quickly rushing and helping me out the house, I made it in the car safely.

"Thank you." I sighed as a sat in the seat.

"You got your bag? The snacks? What about-"He rushed out.

I laughed. Corey all I grabbed was the baby's stuff. You can just come back for all my stuff later."

"Okay, what you need me to do? You want me to call Layton?"

"Corey." I laughed, intertwining our hands to calm him down even though I was the one in pain. "Calm down. All I need you to do right now is get in the car and to a hospital."

"Oh. He nodded eagerly. Aight, I can do that."

I told him that he didn't have to speed but he insisted on turning on his emergency lights. Playfully rolling my eyes at him I let him do his thing.

Arriving at the hospital, I let him help me out the car before we walked hand in hand into the hospital. He explained what was going on to the woman at the front desk and I was whisked away to a room on the third floor. I heard a few women moaning and groaning in pain as I got situated in the bed.

"Okay, thank you ma'am." Corey said as he shut the door behind the nurse.

"What was she saying?" I asked.

"She'll send your doctor up in a while to see how far dilated you are." He rubbed his hands together. "You good?"

I gave him a thumbs up.

"Good." He sighed and rubbed his hands on his sweats.

"Corey, what are you so nervous about?" I snickered.

"Shit, I don't know." He started pacing the floor." I wasn't expecting this today."

"Neither was I." I scoffed. "She got our ass."

"We, well you haven't even got a name." He said.

I frowned. "Yeah, I know. I thought I had time." I said.

"How bout you decide on a name when you see her face." He said.

"How bout we decide, but yeah babe, that's a good idea." I said.

"Should I start making calls and going back to get your stuff?" He said.

"Nah, not yet. Let's see how far along I am first." I said.

"Aight, so." He looked around the hospital room.

"Come lay down with me." I patted the spot next to me. "Rest your nerves."

He looked hesitant at first but shrugged his shoulders and climbed in the tiny bed with me. I shared some pillow with him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"You're really having a baby." He said into my ear, rubbing my stomach.
__________________________________

Corey POV:

"Okay, thanks doc." I heard Kyrie say.

Fluttering my eyes open, I heard the sound of her lil monitor beeping. I saw she had a few wires attached to her now along with a hospital band and gown.

"What happened? What he said?"

"I'm just four in a half centimeters."

I cleared my throat and nodded. "Need me to get the stuff from home?"