ch. 2

After being sent home, I called my dad and told him to come get me from work since I didn't have my license.

I sat in the lobby again and waited on him to pull up.

I got on twitter and sent out a few tweets.

@kyrieresse: why do bad things happen to good people?

@kyrieresse: this will be a day I'll never forget.

@kyrieresse: God keep me covered in your blood.

By the time, I pressed send on the last tweet, my dad called me and told me he was outside.

I said my goodbyes to my co-workers and thanked my manager once again, and walked out the door.

I got in the car, put my seatbelt on and we drove off. I was waiting patiently for my dad to ask why I was sent home 2 1/2 hours early, but he never did. So I didn't say anything.

We rode the short distance home in an awkward silence but neither of us said anything.

My dad parked in the driveway, I got out, and headed for the stairs.

I used my key to open the door.

I walked in the house.

"Hey, everybody." And went straight to the back of the house to my room.

I gathered my stuff for the shower and went in the bathroom and handled my business.

As I was preparing to leave out of the bathroom, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's your mother, are you okay"?

"Yes, Ma." I said.

"Okay, when you finish up, come eat dinner, okay."

"Okay."

I gathered my belongings once again, and walked outta the bathroom and into my room.

I closed the door behind, and slid down the door, and just started bawling my eyes out not too loud though.

I cried and cried and cried for what seemed like hours. I finally got control of my tears, threw on some lounge clothes and went and ate dinner.

___________________________________

My mama had cooked my favorite meal. It's like she knew I needed a pick me up.

My favorite meal consisted of: fried chicken, homemade Mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, and my grandmothers famous broccoli bread with sweet tea to wash it down.

I walked in the kitchen and took in the aroma of the food. You know how they say something is music to my ears? That's how i felt about the smell of the food.

I fixed my plate and joined the rest of the family at the table. Sitting at the table of 10, was in no particular order; my mom, my dad, sister, my brother, aunt(s), grandparent(s), my two cousins.

I took a sit beside my dad, said my grace and joined the rest of the family in eating.

They were doing our daily tradition of going around and telling each other how our day was. It was on my  one of my aunts, my favorite one actually, (but don't tell the other one that.)

"My day was pretty awesome! I got the promotion that I had been wanting so that's that's." My aunt Brooke said.

Everyone congratulated her, and moved on to my sister.