ch. 21

Kayce POV:

The officer who took out his pepper spray backed up slowly.

"What the hell where you thinking?" Office Reid said.

"I thought I grabbed my taser." Officer Jones said as he held his hands up.

"You just shot and possibly killed an innocent man!" Officer Reid said.

"He was running, how innocent can he be?" Officer Jones said.

I got myself together and stood up.

"He's not innocent. He was beating on my sister, and when she left him, she had a wreck, and it resulted in her death." I said.

"So, the dead bastard is far from innocent." I said as I began to walk away.

"Are you going to check to see if he's alive?" Officer Jones said.

"No, you pulled your gun. You go check." Officer Reid said.

"I've never touched a dead body before." Officer Jones said.

"How the—?" Officer Reid started to say before I cut him off.

"Dammit, I'll check, shit." I said as I walked over the sidewalk where Tristian laid.

I turned his body over, and checked for a pulse. I faintly felt one.

"He has a pulse, but it's barely there." I said walking away from where he laid.

"Call an ambulance." Officer Reid said.

Officer Jones called an ambulance but by the time they got there he had bled to death and there was nothing that they could've done to save him.

___________________________________

Kyrie POV:

"I'm glad he's dead to be honest." I said as I sat on the couch next to Corey and Kayce.

Kayce had came back to get Kenzie but she was sleep so I told him to wait til she woke up.

Corey and I was chilling watching Fast & Furious 6 when Kayce popped up.

He explained to us what happened, and I was truly at lost for words. I'm just glad Kayce didn't have anything to do with his death.

I lost one sibling to death, I wouldn't be able to take it if I lost my remaining one to prison.

We sat in a comfortable silence while we watched the movie.

An hour later the movie was over. Kayce got Kenzie and they was on their way. I walked them to the door and made sure that he strapped her in good. I sure would miss my baby over the weekend but I knew she was in good care with Uncle Kayce.

I was honestly glad that Corey and I had the weekend baby free so that we could talk about some things that's been bothering me.

Walking back in the apartment, I saw that Corey had moved from the couch.

"Babe! Babe!" I yelled out.

"In the kitchen." He said.

I turned the tv off and made my way into the kitchen.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked.

"Cooking my lady some food." He said.

"We both know you can't cook, so what's really up?" I asked.

He laughed.

"Ain't nothing up babe." He said.

"Okay, but I think we need to talk Corey." I said.

"What about?" He said.

"Um..." I said as I paced the kitchen floor.

"You cheated?" He said.

I looked at him like nigga no.

"Why would you ask me that stupid?" I said.

He shrugged. "I don't know."

I rolled my eyes.

"Corey, you really think I would cheat on you? Like for real cheat on you?" I said.

"No, but that's the first thing that came to my mind when you said we need to talk. Sorry I just ran with it." He said.

"You should trust me anyways to know that i don't get down like that." I said.

"I do trust you, Ky." He said.

"I don't even wanna talk to you anymore." I'm going to bed." I said as I left out of the kitchen.

As I walked to the room we shared there was a knock at my door. I turned around to head towards the door when Corey came running out the kitchen.

"I'll get the door babe." Corey said.

"Aight." I said as I turned back in the direction towards the bedroom.

I made it to the room, and flopped down on the bed and as soon as I did, Corey was calling my name.

"Ky! Ky! Come here." He said

"What is it?" I said irritatedly.

"Come here. Somebody's at the door for you." He said.

I groaned and threw a mini tantrum.

I got out the bed. I walked down the hallway with a mug on my face.

I made it to the front door.

A man with a suit was standing at my front door like he was apart of men in black.

I made it to the door.

"What, Corey." I said.

"This man is looking for you." Corey said.

"May I help you sir." I said.

"Are you Kyrie Reese Carter?" The man said.

"Yes." I said.

"You've been served." The man said and he handed me an envelope and walked away.

___________________________________

Okay the fire is about to start burning soon.

Y'all thought I was gone kill Kayce to didn't y'all? I can't do sis like that.

What did Kyrie need to talk to Corey about?

Kyrie has been served. Hmm?!

Kiriah Kache out 🤗✌🏾