A Few Years Later: Garrence

I walk into the theatre with Garroth on my arm.

"Thanks for this. I needed a break from work." Garroth thanks me.

"No problem, dear, it's Valentine's Day after all." I answer. Garroth smiles sweetly at me. We walk into our movie room number. A man walks onto the stage.

"Before our musical of Hamilton, we have one young man that would like to make an announcement." The narrator states. She points a spotlight at me. I walk up to the stage, pulling Garroth in tow. I take the microphone from the narrator.

"I have to just make it known that this man, is a fantastic boyfriend. The best I could ask for. Sometimes, I don't feel like I deserve him." I state proudly. I turn to Garroth and take both his hands in mine. I kneel down in front of him, pulling out a silver band.

Garroth, I honestly have loved you since the day I met you. I just didn't realize it until much later. I believe you will always be the love of my life. You work extra when I can't. I love you more than I could love anyone else. So, Garroth Ro'Meave, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my lovely husband?

Garroth's hand bolts to his mouth, tears streaming down his face. He dives into me, hugging me.

"Of course, Laurence, I couldn't have said it any better." Garroth states. I pet his head. I hear awws from the crowd. Garroth and I stand and walk back to our seats. We watch the musical, stealing kisses every once in a while.

The musical ends and Garroth and I cling to each other as we leave. We crawl into the car. I drive us home. We walk into the house. The lovers had the first best night of many.