Oh Well; Guess I'll See You In Hell

A/N: I know it's been forever since I updated this fic, but I'm back to updating it now! Sorry this chapter is uneventful, but there are some big things coming up, so get ready!

The next morning, I woke up with the worst headache I’ve ever had in my life. I looked at my phone and saw that it was already noon. I had one missed call from Michael. When I checked the message, I heard Michael’s chipper voice on the other end. “Hey Liz! Umm… I managed to get your car back to your house before your mom woke up. Umm… I was hoping maybe we could meet up for lunch or something later! Uhh… Call me, babe! Bye.” I groaned loudly, remembering Michael hovering over me the night before. I decided to get up and start my day.

I was sick of being pretty for one day. I threw on some sweats and a t shirt, put my hair up in a messy bun, brushed my teeth and started to head out. “Well, well, well!” I heard my mom say from behind me. I turned to see her standing in the kitchen, arms crossed and a scowl on her face. “I see someone finally woke up!”

I forced a smile. “Hi, Mom! You look good today!”

She shook her head. “You missed curfew last night.”

I nodded. “I know. I’m sorry. I lost track of time. It won’t happen again.”

My mom stared me down and said, “Is everything alright?”

I couldn’t tell her that I was hung the fuck over and about to be super grounded, so I told her a little… half truth. I sighed loudly and sat down on the bar stool in front of me. “Actually no…”

She gave me a look. “You wanna tell me what’s wrong?”

I looked down. “Alex… And I got into a fight yesterday. And now he’s not talking to me.”

“Uh oh!” My mom exclaimed. She sat down next to me. “You two never fight. What happened?”

I shrugged. “I guess he’s just jealous that I’m getting all of this attention now and not hanging out with him as much.”

My mom chuckled. “Huh! That’s not like him! I still think he likes you!”

I feigned disgust. “Ew! Mom!”

“What?!” She remarked. “I’m just saying! You can’t be friends with someone for that long with catching some feelings!”

I rolled my eyes. “What makes you the expert?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I wouldn’t let it get to you too much, sweetie.” She put her arm around me. “You know he’ll come around. You two can’t stay apart for too long. Just give him time.”

I nodded. “Yeah, you’re right. I guess I’ll just wait it out and see what happens!” I climbed to my feet. “Well, I’m going out for a bit. See you later, Mom!”

“OK! Remember your curfew this time!” My mom called after me. As I stepped out into the bright sunlight, I looked towards Alex’s house. There was very little movement which was unusual. Out of habit, I started walking towards that familiar home, past the van where Alex and I shared the most intimate moments last winter.