Damage Control

The next day, I stormed into school; a woman on a mission. I wasn’t prepared to let these kids keep me stifled. Sure, the damage might’ve been done, but at least I could get them to take the page down so it doesn’t further hurt my future.

I waited by the boy’s bathroom when school started. Carter always went in there to trade pills with some stoner kid in the morning, so I knew he’d be coming out soon. After a minute or so, Carter came out laughing his ass off. Did these kids do nothing, but get fucked up? Once he saw me, he started laughing more. “Did you come here to give some blowjobs? Cause if you did, I’d like to get in line for one, too!” The kid standing next to him laughed like a hyena.

I felt the old Liz bubbling inside of me and decided to let her out a little. I grabbed Carter by his letterman jacket and slammed him against the wall. His eyes widened in shock as I used the only language those dumb jocks could understand – brute force. “If you value your life, you’ll take that page down!”

Carter started laughing even harder. “Oh, Liz! It turns me on when you get angry! How about we go into one of these empty classrooms and have a little physical release?”

I tightened my grip on his jacket and said, “Listen, you little idiot, my mom is prepared to go to the police with this information calling it fraud and invasion of privacy! You’ll be in a lot of trouble, so why don’t we cut out the middle man and you just do what I say, dickwad!”

“Oh man!” Carter laughed. “You’re killing me! No, no. Sorry. That’s not happening. What’s done is done and the whole world sees you for who you are, whore!”

I groaned, frustrated as I let go of his jacket. I stalked off angrily, devising a new plan in my head. I turned back to him and said, “This isn’t over! Not by a long shot!” Just as I was turning the corner, I ran right into Alex. He stared at me for a minute and tried to duck around me, but I grabbed him by his collar and pulled him back. “Oh no you don’t, Gaskarth! You can’t keep ducking me forever!”

He turned to me, looking exasperated. “What do you want?”

“Did you write that shit on my locker yesterday?!” I asked, remembering the word, “slut” so pleasantly painted across the door that’s been washed since.

He rubbed his neck (god, he was cute when he’s flustered) and said, “did I write what?”

I rolled my eyes. “Well, I know you dropped the fucking CD in my locker, so I figured it was either you or one of your friends who wrote the word, ‘slut’ on my locker yesterday!”

He shook his head. “No. None of us did, but I’m glad to know you got the CD! Can I go now?”

“Just a minute!” I blocked his path so he couldn’t leave. “Just tell me, Alex… Why did you add the page?”

He looked confused at me. “What page?”

I sighed angrily. “The slam page! I mean, I know I fucked up, but do you really hate me that much? I said it was a mistake and that I was sorry!”