2

erika's pov

i walk down the hallway a little before getting into an elevator. i press the '1' button and the doors shut; the elevator descends. there's nobody else with me in here, but it feels like an any day awkward elevator ride.

the doors open when i reach floor 1 and i head out, allowing a tired looking mother and baby to enter. the lobby is huge, so i order an uber; hopefully, when i get out it'll be there.

i exit the building to a car pulling up. it seems to be my uber driver. i opened the door and tell him who i am, setting my bookbag on the back car seat. "i hope you have a good day at school," he says, parking by my school.

i thank him and turn around, listening to the tires on his car screech as he drives away. i observe the newly painted outside walls of the 'los angeles university college'. it's nice but it looks like they tried too hard.

being a 21-year-old victim on 22-year-old daniel seavey is hard. i look at several familiar spots where he caught me at...

i looked at my watch: 5:38, it read. i grip my bookbag straps on my shoulders and walk towards the entrance near the gym. the library's down the hall from there, so it's my best bet.

the school doors open at about, i don't know, 5:25 for the teachers, so the doors were unlocked when i walked up. i pull down the handle and pull out the door towards me, entering the large building.

i make my way past the office and the supply rooms to the library. when i arrive there, i sit in the dim light, pulling out my notebooks and binders. i take out my white stick-on labels and a sharpie.

i spend about 10 minutes placing labels with my name on it on my supplies. i shove everything back into my bookbag and pull out my book, angel of the dark by sydney sheldon and tilly bagshaw.

i get through half of the page when a figure quietly sits in front of me. i look up from the page, and to a surprise, its... daniel seavey. daniel. seavey. seavey. daniel. omg.

"hey erika," he whispers. "hi...," i reply, almost silently. we sit looking at each other in silence for a minute. "listen, i know this is probably awkward, but i came here to apologize," daniel said, leaning closer to me, talking now.

i stay silent as he continues on. "i've done crap to you for a long time now, and i feel really bad. i spent half of my summer lying in my bed thinking about my past actions and i can't imagine how you feel."

he silences which signals me to say something. "daniel, i can't just tell you i forgive you right off the bat, i mean, this is so sudden, and you made me suffer most of my school years." i say without hesitation and pick up my bookbag.

i put my book into my bag while walking away and swing it over my shoulder. i hear a quiet sigh behind me but ignore it. i make my way to the bench outside the cafeteria and settle down there. when i look down the hall at the library, daniel isn't there.

i guess thats fine with me.

written 8/5/18 - 8/7/18 - 8/10/18

edited 8/10/18

published 8/10/18

great, we'll see how this manages